Please read below and check the button below to indicate your agreement:
1. I, the primary instructor, am the parent or legal guardian of the child/children I intend to homeschool.
2. I, the primary instructor, hold at least a high school diploma or the equivalent general education development (GED) certificate.
3. I/We agree to to school 180 days. I/We agree to have our school work for the year completed by May 31 if we are HEART members.
4. Our curriculum will include, but is not limited to the basic instructional areas of:
--reading , writing, mathematics, science, and social studies in grades 1-6.
-- literature, composition, mathematics, science and social studies in grade 7-12.
I/We understand that we must teach the basic instructional areas listed above each year I/We homeschool.
5. I/We will maintain the following educational records for each student in our homeschool:
(a) a plan book or other written records indicating subjects taught and activities in which the student and parent/teacher engage.
(b) a portfolio of samples of the students academic work.
(c) a semi-annual progress report including attendance and individualized documentation of the student's academic progress in each of the basic instructional areas specified in item 3 above.
6. I/We acknowledge that I/we are solely responsible for our child's/children's education.
7. I/We certify that the information in this application is correct and complete to the best of my/our knowledge. If any information is found to be false, my/our membership may be voided.
8. I/We agree to the above stipulations and covenant together with other members of HEART to be accountable to God and to each other to fulfill our homeschooling responsibilities as required by law, and to represent the homeschooling community in a positive, appropriate, above reproach manner.