Christian Family Schools of Poway Scriptural Guidelines and Social Standards
Our purpose is that you may be encouraged in heart and united in love… (Col 2:2) for physical and academic training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things... (1Tim 4:8)
Our goal for the social activities of this group is to provide settings and activities that are welcoming, safe and fun. We hope to develop Christian character and nurture godly interaction between these young brothers and sisters in Christ. Our desire is that each student would feel that they are a valuable member of this family of God. In order to achieve this goal, we have set the following standards of attitudes, behavior and attire:
1) Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ. (Phil 1:27)
· Remember that each individual represents the community. We have people watching our behavior and conversations all the time. We have a responsibility to represent our families, this group and the Lord appropriately at these events.
· Obey all site rules, be respectful of property and landscaping, clean up after yourselves.
2) Be subject to authority, be obedient, be ready to do whatever is good. (Titus 3:1)
· Be respectful to those in authority, whether they be your peers or your elders.
· Listen to instruction and correction. Be willing to obey with a good attitude.
· Look around, pay attention to what is happening in the group (especially during set-up or clean-up). Step in with helping hands or encouraging words whenever the opportunity arises.
· Make it a habit to say "Thank you" to those who have made these events possible.
3) Don’t let anyone look down upon you just because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. (1Tim 4:11-12) Don’t do anything that might cause others to stumble…ot trying to seek your own good, but the good of many... (1Cor 10:24,32-33)
· Remember that you, as young adults, set the example for others in the group. You are the leaders in the eyes of the younger students. Many will look to you as their role models. Please take that honor seriously and be responsible with your position in this "family."
· Make an effort to talk to those you don’t know very well, especially those who are new to the group. Spend time making each person feel welcome.
· "Cliques" are not encouraged. Deeper personal friendships can be nurtured over the phone or by spending one on one time outside of these events.
4) Avoid godless chatter because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. (2Tim 2:16) Don’t let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it might benefit those who listen. (Eph 4:29)
· "If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all." So find some nice things to say to someone!
· Take notice of those who seem "left-out" or discouraged. Smile at them, make eye contact, pass on a few encouraging words.
· Please refrain from gossip, teasing, rumors and whispering.
5) Among you there should not be…any kind of impurity, greed, obscenity, foolish talk or course joking – for these things are improper and out of place for God’s people. (Eph 5:3-4)
· Remember that you are interacting with sons and daughters of God. These students are your brothers and sisters in Christ and should be treated with the utmost respect at all times.
· Please avoid fighting, inappropriate language and disrespectful behavior.
· Please refrain from flirtatious behavior, public displays of affection, inappropriate jokes and suggestive comments.
· The appearance of dating at CFS Poway events is discouraged.
6) Dress modestly, with decency and humility, not in a way that distracts others from God, but rather in a way that is appropriate for people who worship a holy God. (1 Tim 2:9-10)
· Please cover all areas that invite inappropriate attention (midriff, cleavage, backside, etc.)
· Avoid clothing that clings to the body or reveals undergarments.
· Wear modest swimwear or cover up with a dark T-shirt.
· Slogans and graphics on clothing should be non-offensive and appropriate for God’s people.
I have read and my family will abide by CFS Poway's Scriptural Guidelines and Social Standards.