November (via email)
- Confirm Motto and Verse with program volunteer and yearbook coordinator
- Confirm Facility Choice
- Confirm Speaker
- Confirm MC
About Home School Graduation
Mid-Michigan Homeschool Graduation is open to homeschool families and their graduates throughout the mid-Michigan area. Families are not required to be CHEMinistry members in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Our event includes a graduation ceremony (where among other things, the parents present diplomas to their graduate) and a reception (with light refreshments) which is held directly after the ceremony.
There are three group meetings throughout the year, a rehearsal the night before the ceremony and then graduation day. Communication is primarily through group emails via the Graduation Coordinator. Each family is expected to volunteer to help, positions are listed below. Juniors will need to attend a mandatory planning meeting in April and be available the night before the graduation to set up the reception.
The ceremony is intended to honor the parents and the graduates and to serve as a culminating celebration of the families’ homeschool journey.
Graduation Ceremony Committee (Senior Parents)
- Venue Coordinator
- Program Volunteer
- Yearbook Coordinator (could be a student)
- Group Order (Cap & Gown) Volunteer
- Gift Card Volunteer
*Seniors that helped with the previous year's reception are able to suggest speakers, locations, dates, class motto and verse. Seniors that did not help with junior reception will have a chance to vote but not make suggestions.
Reception Committee (Junior Families)
- Junior Reception Coordinator**
- Rehearsal & Ceremony Helpers
- food, flowers, balloons, dried goods, decorations
- Senior Presentation Review Committee (3 person committee)
**The junior reception coordinator receives a detailed report on what needs to be done and all the other Junior families will help so it's not an onerous task.
If your family is interested in participating please email the following to Tanya Hayes at [email protected] :
- Mother’s name, email address, mobile number
- Father’s name, email address, mobile number
- Student’s name, email address, and whether they are a junior or senior for the 202-2022 school year.
- Indicate a volunteer position you are willing to hold
Final deadline for participation is January 31. Late participants will get a copy of the first Meeting Minutes so they are aware of the decisions that were made.
Email Tanya Hayes at [email protected] with questions or for more information.