RIDGECREST CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Ridgecrest Christian School is a church school founded on Jesus Christ with a vision of aiding Christian parents in educating their children while equipping this generation with Biblical understanding and wisdom, academic excellence, self-discipline, and physical education.
The purpose of RCS is to minister to the needs of parents in the Wiregrass area who wish to take up their God given responsibility to educate their children primarily or exclusively within the home environment. RCS offers families the accountability and structure of a private school yet affording parents the influence of a home schooling format.
“And these words which I command you this day, shall be in your heart and you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up” Deuteronomy 6:6-9
The programs of RCS are geared directly to the needs of parents and children who have chosen home schooling as an educational alternative. RCS assists parents by offering them a system of encouragement and support, a framework of structure and direction, a point of academic reference, a means of accountability, and a resource of information and training. RCS offers children access to group activities and learning experiences which enhance their academic, social, physical, and emotional development. The program includes but is not limited to co-op classes, clubs, play days, special events, and field trips. In addition to activities for the students, RCS offers parent/teacher workshops, seminars and social functions.
Enrollment in RCS is open to a limited number of home schooling families which are committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and are in agreement with our Statement of Faith as well as our procedures, policies, and standards.
Enrollment in RCS allows families to avail themselves of the resources which the school has to offer. Many of these services as well as others that may be offered in the future are dependent upon volunteers willing to organize and maintain them. These services have included, but are not limited to:
- A system of encouragement and support and accountability
- Online calendar, directory and website services
- Online recording/filing of academic records
- Resource lending library
- Beta club information
- Senior graduation ceremony/diploma
- Home School Legal Defense Association Group Rate
- Field Trips
- High School Formal
- Co-op classes (Tuesdays 8:30-12:30)
- Youth Volunteer Service Program (F.L.O.W.)
- Student, teacher and family fellowships
- Park Days
- Curriculum Help
- State Convention information
- Annual Family Fun Day
- Chick-fil-a Leadership Academy
- B.E.S.T. Robotics
ENROLLMENT AND TUITION:
Plan A (Early Open Enrollment)
Due Date: April 30 (This option is available for the month of April only.)
Total Annual Cost: $250/family
Payment Procedure: $250 to be paid upon enrollment and no later than April 30 by check or money order. (Cash not accepted.)
Plan B (Open Enrollment)
Due Date: This option is available until the date of the June orientation meeting.
Total Annual Cost: $275/family
Payment Procedure: $275 to be paid upon enrollment and no later than the date of the June orientation meeting by check or money order. (Cash not accepted.)
Plan C (Post-Orientation Meeting) Enrollment accepted by INTERVIEW ONLY
Due Date: Date of Enrollment (This option is available after Orientation until December 31)
Total Annual Cost: $300/family
Payment Procedure: $300 to be paid upon enrollment by check or money order. (Cash not accepted.)
- Membership to HSLDA (Homeschool Legal Defense Association). Instructions on application.
- Letter of recommendation from the pastor or a church leader stating your status with the church (members, active, attending)
- Orientation meeting (June).
- Grades and attendance entered twice per year. (by June 15 and January 15)
- One mandatory parent meeting per year. This meeting is held on the 3rd Thursday of August every year.
For questions regarding our school please email Theresa @ email@example.com
For more information on Home Education go to: