For complete COURSE DESCRIPTIONS, click on class below in chart and/or go to Class Schedule & Registration
For assistance in choosing the correct class, please see WEST's Class Track Guidelines
Tuition Payments are broken up with two payments for semester classes and four payments for annual classes.
|Answers in Genesis Life Science
alternates years with Earth Science
see below for class description
|Answers in Genesis Earth Science
alternates years with Life Science
|Answers in Genesis Chemistry & Physics||6-8||Kuch / Holt||Full Year||$350|
|Apologia General Science||7-9||Kuch||Full Year||$360|
|A Beka Physical Science||8-12||M. Hage||Full Year||$410|
|Apologia Biology||9-12||Holt||Full Year||$410|
|Introduction to Forensics (CSI WEST)||9-12||Kilbride||Full Year||$390|
|Survey of High School Chemistry||10-12||Holt||Fall Sem||$205|
|Survey of High School Anatomy & Physiology||10-12||Holt||Spring Sem||$205|
|Discovering Design with Chemistry||10-12||Holt||Full Year||$410|
|Apologia Physics||10-12||Holt||Full Year||$380|
Answers in Genesis Life Science (returning fall of 2020)
- This course will be offered on a yearly rotational schedule with Answers in Genesis Earth Science.
Offered every other year in a rotation with Earth Science, this new Answers in Genesis Life Science course will give students an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of plants, animals, and the environments in which they live. Students will begin the course with a study of the structures found in both plant and animal cells. They will then learn to use a sketchbook to diagram much of what is observed in class, including the parts of a plant from its seeds to its flowers and fruits.
In the fall, students will also gather their own collection of different kinds of plants, seeds, and tree leaves to further study the life cycle of plants and the process of photosynthesis. In the second semester, students will then take a closer look into the animal kingdom and the extreme environments they live in. Examining real collections of insects, bones, shells, and fossils, students will study many different animals including birds, fish, and even dinosaurs.
Using internet resources and video clips, students will also take a journey into the animal environments of forests, deserts, ice worlds, caves, and oceans. In the spring, a field trip to the St. Paul Como Zoo and Conservatory will help students gather important information to complete a science fair project from a life science topic of their choosing.
Tutor: Melissa Kuch
Class Length: Full Year
Grade Level: Grades 5-7
Class Size: 5 student minimum, 22 student maximum
Tuition: $175 per semester plus $15 supply fee per semester
- Supply fee is payable to the tutor on the first day of each semester. Cash or check written out to Melissa Kuch.
Homework: Approximately 2 hours/week
- Students must purchase the three Answers in Genesis textbooks by Debbie and Richard Lawrence: The World of Plants, The World of Animals, and Properties of Ecosystems.
- Please note that the 4th edition of all student books is preferred, but the 3rd edition is accepted as well.
- Also note that the orange ecosystem textbook is from a different series than the green plant and animal books.
- Textbooks may be purchased at Heppner’s Legacy in Elk River, or purchased directly from the Answers website:
Supplies: safety goggles, sketchbook (ideal size 8 ½” x 11”)
Required: Home internet access