What We Believe
Crown Homeschool Community Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one living and true GOD, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, His Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:18-20), equal in power and glory; these three are co-equal and are one God. God created all, upholds all, and governs all things.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (Col. 2:9), in His virgin birth (Luke 1:33-35), His sinless life (2 Cor. 5:21), His substitutionary death on a cross, His bodily resurrection (Acts 5:30), His ascension into heaven (Luke 24:51), His high priestly ministry, and His personal return in power and glory. Jesus is everlasting to everlasting, no beginning or end. (John 1:1-4).
- We believe that the scriptures of the Holy Bible in the Old and New Testaments, totaling only 66 books, no more or no less, are the only Word of God, fully inspired without error (Deut.4:2). The Word of God is our foundation and it is by His word that we are governed. The Word of God supersedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures.
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer, received when a believer first puts his faith in Jesus Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. By the Spirit’s indwelling, the believer is sealed until the day of redemption, and by whose filling, the believer is empowered to live a godly life (John 5:24). We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Spirit according to the instructions given to us in 1 Corinthians 12-14.
- We believe that all people are sinners and as such are in condemnation separated from God. However, Jesus came so that all could be born again and be saved by grace alone through faith in Him and by confessing His name as Lord and Savior of their lives (John 3:1-8).
- We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are a part of the Body of Christ.
- We believe that water baptism by immersion is an outward expression of the inward work of salvation (Acts 19:3-5).
- We believe there will be a Second Coming of Jesus Christ which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless separation of the wicked (1 Thessalonians 4:13-15).
- We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell. All those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, and those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord in Hell (Matthew 25:34, 41, 46 and 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9).
- We believe marriage is a union between one man and one woman (Genesis 2:21-24, 1Cor. 7:1-2, Hebrews 13:4, Leviticus 18:22, and Matthew 22:30)