You can do it! The even better news is that you don’t have to do it alone. More and more Catholic homeschoolers are continuing to homeschool through highschool.
Our local families with teens have benefited from these resources….
Tips, encouragement and guidance for parents
For a monthly newsletter to help you through homeschooling highschoolers https://www.hslda.org/highschool/newsletter.asp
The “High School Experience”
- For dances http://www.wemakehistory.com/ offers balls throughout the year.
- For a drama experience http://www.moezartproductions.com/
- For music some attend private lessons and some take orchestra, choir or band at the closest public school.
- For competition sports a few play on the team at the closest public school. Other resources include club sports and the Homeschool Sports Network www.hspn.net
- For leadership skills Catholic Academy for Life Leadership http://catholicacademyforlifeleadership.org/
- For a classroom setting before going to college many families choose to take a class (or more) at the closest community college. This has the added benefits of giving them a jump start on college credits and validating the grades they are getting in their home courses. Your child will need to take the ASSET test at the Community College. This is a placement test in math, reading and English.
A word of caution is that this is an adult environment.