Community Homeschool Academic Program
What is C.H.A.P.:
Community Homeschool Academic Program (C.H.A.P.) is an all-inclusive educational and enrichment program for homeschooling families located in Fauquier, Stafford, Culpeper, and the surrounding counties. C.H.A.P. is a part of Homeschoolers of Bealeton (HOB) and opened to families outside of HOB membership.
C.H.A.P.’s mission is to provide an educational, enriching, and nurturing environment were all students can come together to participate in group classes. C.H.A.P. was created to assist in providing supplementation, enriching student’s education, and to encourage connections within the homeschooling community.
Statement of Purpose:
- To teach our children responsibility, respect, and cooperation.
- To provide group educational opportunities.
- To share educational successes and failures with each other.
Normal Operating Schedule:
Arrival: 0855 am (The doors will not open prior to 0855) Doors will remain locked while students are in the building. If you need to access the building, please knock and an adult will assist you.
Session 1: 9:00am-10:10am
Session 2: 10:15am-11:15am
Session 3: 11:20am-12:20pm
Session 4: 12:55-1:55pm
1-Hour Delay Schedule:
Arrival: 9:55 am (Doors will lock at 10:05 am)
Session 2: 10:00- 11:15 am
Session 3: 11:20- 12:20 pm
Lunch: 12:20 – 12:50 pm
Session 4: 12:55- 1:55 pm
Classes will be held on Friday’s. Please assist your children into the building and sign them (unless you have signed a permission form for them to sign in and out on their own) in promptly at: 0855-0900. We will be locking entrance doors at 0905.
- First Day of Classes: Friday, September 6, 2019
- Last Day of Classes: May 15th, 2020
- First Semester: 16 weeks, ends January 3rd, 2020
- Second Semester: 16 weeks, begins January 10th, 2020
- Make-up Snow days: May 22nd, 2020 and May 29th, 2020
No Classes will be held on the following days:
- November 29, 2019
- December 27, 2019
- January 17th, 2020
- February 7th, 2020
- April 24th, 2020
SPECIAL EVENTS: Mark your calender for these special days!
- November 22nd, 2019- Thanksgiving Luncheon (Potluck)
- December 20th, 2019- Holiday Party Luncheon (Potluck)
- February 14th, 2020- Valentine’s Day Party (Cupcakes and treats)
- April 10th, 2020- Easter Luncheon (Potluck)
Enrollment & Registration
Enrollment in C.H.A.P. is established when the registration fee has been paid and the membership/registration packet including all required forms with the appropriate signatures have been submitted. Registration is done on a first come, first served basis. Classes are capped for enrollment and have a minimum enrollment requirement for a class to be held. C.H.A.P. reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment. Should C.H.A.P. have to close enrollment due to size limitations, students may be put on a waiting list and invited to fill vacated spots at the discretion of C.H.A.P.
***A Waiver and Medical Release Form is required to have on file for each student, signed by the parent, for them to be permitted to participate in the classes. Registration WILL NOT be accepted without properly completed forms on file. All FORMS as well has the C.H.A.P. MANUAL can be downloaded below.
Registration and Supply Fees
Registration: is $90.00 per family and is due each calendar school year and non-refundable. This covers insurance coverage, facility use and cleaning fees, and administrative costs.
Instructor supply fees: Non-refundable and required the prior or on the first day of class at the latest.
Class Payments: Parents can pay for the classes in full or in monthly payments. If you choose monthly payments, all payments are due the 1st Friday of each month.
Refund Policy: Registration and supply fees are non-refundable. If a student chooses to withdraw from a class by the 3rd week of September, you will only be responsible for the September monthly class fee. The supply fee and registration will still be non-refundable.
*Late additions to classes are at the instructor’s discretion and foreign languages close on week 2 for additional students.
In order to complete your enrollment and Registration into the Community Homeschool Academic Program we will need the following items:
- C.H.A.P Application for Enrollment Form
- Medical Release and Liability Form
- 2019-2020 Registration and Payment Form with Registration Payment
P.O. Box 25
Bealeton, VA 22712-9998
Or email completed forms to:
Make any checks out to:
- Respect and adhere to all guidelines in the C.H.A.P. manual.
- Contact the instructor as soon as possible if your student will be absent.
- Review all the C.H.A.P. manual with your student.
- Check email and/or C.H.A.P. Facebook page on a regular basis as this is the primary method of communication within the group.
- Arrive on time. Tardiness is very disruptive to the instructor and the class.
- Once C.H.A.P has ended for the day, be prompt in gathering up your children and belongings and relocate outside to socialize. This will allow the instructor’s time to clean up their classroom and to complete their duties.
- If you can help, C.H.A.P. appreciates all volunteers and gladly accepts assistance. Volunteer roles available are, but not limited to: Hall supervisor, check in and check out, substitutes for classes, lunch monitor, special holiday luncheon coordinator.
- If you have an issue and/or concerns, contact the instructor to schedule a time to talk. During class time or in front of others is not the best time for an important conversation.
- If you are paying in monthly installments, please pay on time. Payments are due the 1st Friday of each month. If the payment is not received by the 3rd Friday, your students will be unable to attend until the missed payment is up to date.
- Respect Yourself: Conduct oneself in a safe and orderly manner.
- Others: Be kind to peers. No pushing, hitting, shoving or hurtful language. This also means to be respectful to instructors and volunteers inside and outside of the classroom setting.
- Respect Property: Bealeton Baptist Church has been more then generous in allowing C.H.A.P. and HOB to use their facilities. Take care of all you touch. If something does get damaged report it to the instructor right away.
- Be on time, prepared for class, and ready to learn.
- No cellphones allowed during class time unless instructor approved. Student cellphones need to be turned off or set to vibrate and kept in their backpack during class.
- Students will not text message, make calls, listen to music, or play games during class.
- Each student should bring a sealable water bottle and a backpack each week to class.
- If the student is here during lunch, they should bring a packed lunch. No Peanuts or sodas allowed.
STUDENT DRIVING POLICY:
Homeschoolers of Bealeton, Community Homeschool Academic Program, and Bealeton Baptist Church are not responsible for any student that drives to and/or from C.H.A.P. Every student that wants to drive to/from C.H.A.P. is required to have a Student Driving form completed by their parent and on file with C.H.A.P. each school year.
In addition, any parent that wants to allow their child to ride with another student needs to complete the Student Driving form as well. No student will be allowed to leave with a student driver unless C.H.A.P. has a form on file from the parent giving permission to do so.
2020-2021 Class Preview
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
Mrs. Laura Lombardo
CLOSEDHigh School Art: Emerging Artists
9th - 12th ; 14 y/o - 18 y/o
CLOSEDNew World Explorers
3rd - 8th
CLOSEDMiddle School Art: Methods & Mediums
5th - 8th ; 11 y/o - 14 y/o
CLOSEDMiddle School Biology
5th - 8th ; 11 y/o - 14 y/o
Mr. Alan Lombardo
6th - 12th ; 12 y/o - 18 y/o
CLOSEDElementary: Computer Literacy
2nd - 5th ; 7 y/o - 11 y/o
Supervised Study Hall is available for sessions 1-4 for an additional cost. Students will need to sit quietly and do any schoolwork they have brought from home while awaiting their next class. Sessions 1 and 4 are just for students of volunteers or instructors.