Community Homeschool Academic Program
What is C.H.A.P.:
Community Homeschool Academic Program (C.H.A.P.) is an all-inclusive educational and enrichment program for homeschooling families located in Fauquier, Stafford, Culpeper, and the surrounding counties. C.H.A.P. is a part of Homeschoolers of Bealeton (HOB) and opened to families outside of HOB membership.
C.H.A.P.’s mission is to provide an educational, enriching, and nurturing environment were all students can come together to participate in group classes. C.H.A.P. was created to assist in providing supplementation, enriching student’s education, and to encourage connections within the homeschooling community.
Statement of Purpose:
- To teach our children responsibility, respect, and cooperation.
- To provide group educational opportunities.
- To share educational successes and failures with each other.
Normal Operating Schedule:
Arrival: 0855 am (The doors will not open prior to 0855) Doors will remain locked while students are in the building. If you need to access the building, please knock and an adult will assist you.
Session 1: 9:10am-10:10am
Session 2: 10:15am-11:15am
Session 3: 11:20am-12:20pm
Session 4: 1:00pm-2:00pm
1-Hour Delay Schedule:
Session 1: 10:10am-10:55am
Session 2: 11:00am-11:45am
Session 3: 11:50am-12:35pm
Session 4: 1:15pm-2:00pm
Classes will be held on Friday’s. Please assist your children into the building and sign them (unless you have signed a permission form for them to sign in and out on their own) in promptly at: 0855-0900. We will be locking entrance doors at 0905.
- First Day of Classes: Friday, September 4, 2020
- Last Day of Classes: May 14, 2021
- First Semester: 16 weeks, ends January 8, 2021
- Second Semester: 16 weeks, begins January 15, 2021
- Make-up Snow days: May 21, 2021 and May 28, 2021
No Classes will be held on the following days:
- November 27, 2020
- December 25, 2020
- January 1, 2021
- April 4, 2021
- April 9, 2021
SPECIAL EVENTS: Mark your calender for these special days!
- November 20, 2020- Thanksgiving Luncheon (Potluck)
- December 18, 2020- Holiday Party Luncheon (Potluck)
- March 26, 2021- C.H.A.P Field Day (class schedual will be modified )
- May 14, 2021 - End of the year Party (Potluck)
Enrollment & Registration
Enrollment in C.H.A.P. is established when the registration fee has been paid and the membership/registration packet including all required forms with the appropriate signatures have been submitted. Registration is done on a first come, first served basis. Classes are capped for enrollment and have a minimum enrollment requirement for a class to be held. C.H.A.P. reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment. Should C.H.A.P. have to close enrollment due to size limitations, students may be put on a waiting list and invited to fill vacated spots at the discretion of C.H.A.P.
***A Waiver and Medical Release Form is required to have on file for each student, signed by the parent, for them to be permitted to participate in the classes. All FORMS as well has the C.H.A.P. MANUAL can be downloaded below.
Registration and Supply Fees
Registration: is $90.00 per family and is due each calendar school year and non-refundable. This covers insurance coverage, facility use and cleaning fees, and administrative costs.
Instructor supply fees: Non-refundable and required the prior or on the first day of class at the latest.
Class Payments: Parents can pay for the classes in full or in monthly payments. If you choose monthly payments, all payments are due the 1st Friday of each month.
Refund Policy: Registration and supply fees are non-refundable. If a student chooses to withdraw from a class by the 3rd week of September, you will only be responsible for the September monthly class fee. The supply fee and registration will still be non-refundable.
*Late additions to classes are at the instructor’s discretion and foreign languages close on week 2 for additional students.
In order to complete your enrollment and Registration into the Community Homeschool Academic Program we will need the following items:
- C.H.A.P Student Class Enrollment Form
- Medical Release and Liability Form
- 2019-2020 Registration and Payment Form with Registration Payment
P.O. Box 25
Bealeton, VA 22712-9998
Or email completed forms to:
Make any checks out to:
- Respect and adhere to all guidelines in the C.H.A.P. manual.
- Contact the instructor as soon as possible if your student will be absent.
- Review all the C.H.A.P. manual with your student.
- Check email and/or C.H.A.P. Facebook page on a regular basis as this is the primary method of communication within the group.
- Arrive on time. Tardiness is very disruptive to the instructor and the class.
- Once C.H.A.P has ended for the day, be prompt in gathering up your children and belongings and relocate outside to socialize. This will allow the instructor’s time to clean up their classroom and to complete their duties.
- If you can help, C.H.A.P. appreciates all volunteers and gladly accepts assistance.
- If you have an issue and/or concerns, contact the instructor to schedule a time to talk. During class time or in front of others is not the best time for an important conversation.
- If you are paying in monthly installments, please pay on time. Payments are due the 1st Friday of each month. If the payment is not received by the 3rd Friday, your students will be unable to attend until the missed payment is up to date.
- Respect Yourself: Conduct oneself in a safe and orderly manner.
- Respect Others: Be kind to peers. No pushing, hitting, shoving or hurtful language. This also means to be respectful to instructors and volunteers inside and outside of the classroom setting.
- Respect Property: Bealeton Baptist Church has been more then generous in allowing C.H.A.P. and HOB to use their facilities. Take care of all you touch. If something does get damaged report it to the instructor right away.
- Be on time, prepared for class, and ready to learn.
- No cellphones allowed during class time unless instructor approved. Student cellphones need to be turned off or set to vibrate and kept in their backpack during class.
- Students will not text message, make calls, listen to music, or play games during class.
- Each student should bring a sealable water bottle and a backpack each week to class.
- If the student is here during lunch, they should bring a packed lunch. No Peanuts.
Friday Course Offerings
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
Mrs. Tracy Gisselquist
| Algebra 1 (Full Year)
6th - 12th
| Spanish 1
6th - 12th ; 11 y/o - 18 y/o
| First LEGO League Jr. (Full Year)
6 y/o - 10 y/o
Mrs. Lisa Heilenman
| Introduction to Origami (1st Semester)
Kindergarten - 12th ; 6 y/o - 18 y/o
FULLElementary Science (1st Semester)
5 y/o - 9 y/o
Mr. Alan Lombardo
| Brain Games (1st Semester)
4th - 9th
| Elementary: Computer Literacy (1st Semester)
2nd - 5th ; 7 y/o - 11 y/o
Mrs. Laura Lombardo
FULLNew World Explorers (1st Semester)
3rd - 8th
| High School Biology (Full Year)
9th - 12th
| Greek Mythology (1st Semester)
5th - 12th
| MS & HS Art: Emerging Artists (Full Year)
5th - 12th ; 10 y/o - 18 y/o
|Tuesday||Tuesday (Library) & Thursday (ZOOM)|
Mrs. Laura Lombardo
| US Elections (1st Semester)
5th - 11th
| Latin 1 (Full Year)
8th - 12th ; 13 y/o - 18 y/o
Supervised Study Hall is available for sessions 1-4 for an additional cost. Students will need to sit quietly and do any schoolwork they have brought from home while awaiting their next class. Sessions 1 and 4 are just for students of volunteers or instructors.