Welcome to PTC
Parent Teacher Co-op (PTC) is a home school tutoring organization run by parent volunteers. We employ and train loving,qualified teachers to assist parents in teaching their students to be well educated world changers. PTC meets on Thursdays at Banner of Christ Church, 1111 68th SW, Byron Center, MI 49315.
Open House and Registration
2018/2019 Open House and Registration.
April 12th 9am-1pm come to Banner Church, 1111 68th SW, to learn about classes for 18/19, talk to staff and teachers or visit a class.
April 19th current families will be able to sign up for classes on line if they are pre registred and approved. April 20th new families are able to sign up for classes if they are preregister and approved. Staff will be available to help sign up on the 20th.
You will be able to sign up for volunteer slots while on site on the 19th and every Thursday following.
- The school year is 34 weeks beginning September 6th ending May 16th.
- Classes meet on Thursdays.
- Cost for most one and a half hour classes is $300, the two hour classes are $340. Some classes have copy and material fees added to the class cost. There is no discount for dropping a class.
Payments are made in six equal payments to the tutor directly
August 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, February 1st and March 1st.
- The PTC is a co-op. All families are required to volunteer at least four times throughout the year (exact amounts will be determined by the number of families taking classes).
- All classes (5th-12th grades) require 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours of homework per day.
- All of our tutors are Christians. Each teaches from a biblical principle and a Biblical Worldview using the Principle Approach.
- Parent Teacher Co-op is held at Banner of Christ Church at 1111 68th St SW, just west of expressway 131.
The Parent Teacher Co-op uses the Principle Approach method of teaching. Every class of every subject is researched Biblically and with Webster's 1828 dictionary. Each class will learn how to research and will require; a notebook, a signed constitution, a syllabus, and projects.
The Parent Teacher Co-op is a home school tutoring organization whose goal is to come alongside parents to raise up a generation of well-educated warriors for Christ. We offer classes with academic excellence along with an environment that fosters relationships.
Classes offered for the 2017/18 school year are:
History, Art, Spanish, Science, Drama/Music
English, Science, History, Spanish, Art, Drama/Music
English, Life Science, History, Algebra ½, Spanish, Art, Drama/Music
Algebra I&II, Geometry, Home & Office Computing, Physics, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, English I & II, American Literature, Interpretive Speech, Speech, Drawing, Art, Psychology, Spanish I & II, World History, Government/ Economics, Handyman Skills, Home Management, Ancient History and Survey of the Old Testament