Is there a study hall offered?
A study hall is provided for students who are in-between classes as a supervised study time. Per HEARTS policy, if a student does not have a "need to stay on campus," he/she is not permitted to stay for study hall. A need to stay would be defined as having a class directly before AND directly after the study hall, having a sibling that is on-campus and you are leaving together, a parent is volunteer/teaching or you carpool with someone that has to remain on campus. Back to back study halls or study halls flanking lunch are not permitted.
Our Standards of Conduct apply during study hall.
- work quietly and individually (Students may NOT talk during study hall as we share a room with another class)
- use their iPods quietly
- eat and drink as long as students are cleaning up after themselves
- NOT sit on tables
- NOT talk on cell phones during study hall, but texting is okay
- must obey the instructions of the hall monitor and study hall monitor at all times
- If students would like to work on a group project during study hall, please ask the study hall monitor or HEARTS supervisor if there is an empty room to work in