TRAIN General Information
TRAIN is a group of families in southern Oklahoma that educate their children from home. TRAIN has members from Duncan, Marlow, Rush Springs, and surrounding areas.
TRAIN is a parent-driven group. What we "do" depends largely on the interests and contributions of families. Field trips, holiday events, geography fair, tie dye at the park, and Mom's Night Out are some of the activities TRAIN members put together. There is an annual $50/family fee to participate in TRAIN.
TRAIN Co-op Day (cooperative learning environment) meets monthly on the 2nd Friday September-May at First Baptist Duncan in Duncan, OK. Classes are taught by parents. There are 4 classes, each an hour in length, in addition to a lunch break. Classes in the past have included: cooking, party planning, Bible Truths, sign language, environmental science, etc. There are also class fees (usually small) to cover special supplies used in the class.
**The families that have the best co-op experience are those that are engaged. We want families to be successful. So, before fully committing to TRAIN, we ask that families to participate in at least 2 activities to meet other families and make meaningful connections.
For more information about TRAIN, please click "Join" at the top of this page and someone from the Board will contact you. We will set up a time to meet (usually at a park or during a TRAIN activity) to share with you pertinent information about the group and answer all of your questions.
**Please note that once a member, TRAIN primarily uses Facebook for communication. It is a secret group page for members/parents. Facebook is where announcements, etc are shared. (Having Facebook is not required; it is just helpful.) This website that you are currently viewing is used for group membership management, calendar of events, event sign up, and co-op class enrollment. There is also a GroupMe for occassional important announcements.
TRAIN-General Membership Guidelines
1. TRAIN is a Non-denominational Christian Group.
2. Families must be participating in either 1) Traditional Homeschooling that is protected by the Oklahoma state constitution or 2)Public/Charter/Virtual School at Home program like Epic, K12, etc.
3. Families must be educating at home at least one child in Kindergarten or higher grade.
4. Prospective TRAIN co-op participants must participate in at least 2 activities before participating in co-op.
If you have any questions regarding 2022-2023 membership, feel free to text (preferred) or call Jessica Hayes 407-709-6991 (cell).
Statement of Faith
Preface: Our Statement of Faith concerns the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) revealed in Scripture. It is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 2, Eph. 4:5) which distinguishes believers from non-believers. There are many other precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly men have differed in understanding. Therefore, this is not a statement of all that is important to believe but of all that is essential to believe for Christian fellowship and unity (Rom. 15:7).
- We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired and only infallible Word of God, inerrant in the autographs (II Tim. 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe God is one being Who eternally exists as three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All of the persons are equal in power and glory (Matt. 28:19, II Cor. 13:14).
- We believe Jesus Christ is fully God and man (John 1:1, 14), born of a virgin (Matt. 1:18), sinless in His life (Heb. 4:15). He died on the cross as a substitution for sinful men (Heb. 9:15). He rose bodily from the grave (John 20:1-9, 24-31, Acts 2:24) and now reigns with the Father (Acts 2:33, Heb. 10:12). He will return visibly and personally to the earth both in salvation and judgment (Acts 1:11, Heb. 9:28, Matt. 24:35).
- We believe all humans are sinful by nature (Rom. 3:23, 5:12) and can only be forgiven by repentance and statement of trust in Jesus as Savior (John 3:16), brought about by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5-7).
- We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:1-17).
- We affirm the biblical definition of male and female and the biblical definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 2:24, Mark 10:6-9).