There's no better time to join PCHEA!
Don't miss out on summer news and events as you prepare to homeschool in 2015-2016! Join now and your membership will continue through July 2016! Membership is August 1-July 31 for renewing members.
Top 10 reasons to join PCHEA
in no particular order...
1. PCHEA offers many opportunities to meet other homeschoolers, both new and experienced. Kids make friends and parents connect with each other, creating a community of families with common education goals.
2. PCHEA sponsors a variety of events, such as school-day parties and activities for the whole family. Examples of recent PCHEA-sponsored activities include: Back-to-School Party, Christmas Party, Homeschool Resource Roundup, and PCHEA Family Picnic. PCHEA member dues also occasionally offset the cost of a family activity, reducing the cost for PCHEA members for a family night at the public pool or a day at the Discovery Center, for example. These activities are planned by the PCHEA board and are subject to change based on the interest of members and their support in providing volunteer time.
3. PCHEA parents connect with other families to share opportunities such as field trips, play groups, sports, recreation outings, prom, and graduation ceremonies that are planned and coordinated by members.
4. PCHEA members especially like the web site's forum feature, which allows them to interact with other area homeschoolers who have similar needs and interests.
5. PCHEA offers the opportunity to participate in a one-to-one mentor program, which matches a new homeschooler with a veteran PCHEA homeschooler.
6. PCHEA's web site features significant benefits when members log in. These features are available to members only because member dues support the cost of operating the site. These features include a calendar of events of interest to homeschoolers, a classified advertising forum for buying and selling used curriculum, an interactive forum for sharing questions and information with the entire membership or targeted sub-groups, guidance and support, as well as links to student opportunities in the arts, sports, academics, and other organizations. (See a screen shot of members-only site.)
7. PCHEA membership dues support outreach to the community about homeschooling, providing public workshops like Homeschooling 101, supporting the public features of this web site, and placing brochures in local libraries and book stores.
9. PCHEA membership card holders enjoy discounts at Panhandle Plains Historical Museum, A&D Bookstore, LifeWay Christian Store, the UPS Store, Card & Party Factory, Barnes & Noble, Hastings, and Michael's.
10. And the new PCHEA Lending Library features a room full of free curriculum and educational resources, supported by PCHEA members for the benefit of PCHEA members.
PCHEA is an inclusive nonprofit Christian homeschool network of homeschooling families and members of various co-ops and organizations. These families unite to bless the homeschool community at large by sharing creative ideas, newcomer support, knowledge of educational and community events, personal support, and social opportunities with other families who home educate in and around the Texas panhandle.
Panhandle Christian Home Educators Association,
P. O. Box 1237, Amarillo, TX 79105 (806) 356-1316