About Resource Center
Help for the Struggling Learner!
Reading and Math Resource Classes and Tutoring
Thursdays at The Family Vision Library
Here is what you need to know:
· Resource Center Classes are for elementary and middle school aged children who are struggling in reading/language arts areas and/or in math. Classes are not typical reading or math programs, but instead offer individualized help in a small group class setting.
· We will also have slots open for individual tutoring - available for all school ages.
· After paid registration, each family will be contacted by the instructor who will schedule an individual assessment. Based on the results, parents have the option of signing up that child for a class (or not).
· Our Resource teachers are certified special education teachers with loads of experience in teaching struggling learners.
· Besides working with the students in class, instructors will work with parents to help them know how to effectively teach the skills their children need. Parents are the main teachers; we are a resource.
· Classes will be small, so students can receive optimal instruction.
· Teacher information and class descriptions can be found by going to the class registration section of the website. Look for RC class listings.
· Resource Center classes will follow Enrichment Center and Potter’s Clay schedules.