Welcome to Families Discerning Homeschooling
Welcome Message for Families Discerning Homeschooling
We understand that we are living in tumultuous times.
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has upended family life around the world. School closures, working remotely, physical distancing — it’s a lot for parents to navigate.
Throughout their time at home, many families have realized the benefits to their family to continue homeschooling their children.
Melbourne ArchAngels Homeschooling Community is here to offer support to families who might be thinking of homeschooling for the first time, or continuing to homeschool and needing support.
We know you may have a lot of questions, are nervous, or wondering if this is the right choice. Please be assured of our prayers, and that we are here to answer any questions you might have.
Know that there is a vibrant Catholic community in Brevard County waiting to help support you and your family in your journey.
FAQ's About Homeschooling
Benefits of membership include:
- Support from a Catholic community of homeschooling families
- Opportunity to share your gifts
- Access to the Melbourne ArchAngels website - for safety reasons, access is limited to families who have paid for the current year.
- Field Trips, Activities (family, Mom, Dad), Academic and Social Clubs
- Optional Academic co-op
- Group Discount Codes for FPEA and HSLDA
How to join:
- Click "Join now" above and fill out the registration form.
- You may also chat with us through our Facebook page
- Someone will be in touch with you to invite you to meet us, perhaps a playdate, picnic, or moms' breakfast
- Your registration can then be approved and you will have access to Band, the website, calendar, and discussion groups, field trips, clubs, and Co-op(s).
- Yearly membership dues are currently $50/family which covers the website and insurance policy for the whole group (required by the diocese, yet covering all of our activities with our kids and families that are MAA events). Our fiscal year is from July 1 through June 30