GATE Home School Association Statement of Faith
A signed and completed copy of this document must be on file with membership for all participating families.
- The Trinity: We believe that there is one, true God, who exists in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (Is 43:10-11; Eph 4:6; Deut 6:4; 1 Cor 8:6; John 10:30; John 10: 37-38; John 15:26; John 17:1-26)
- The Canon: We believe The Holy Bible is the definitive, inspired Word of God. It is infallible, authoritative and inerrant in its original form in whole and in part. The Holy Bible is the only book of God’s Word, constituting complete and final revelation. No other text is equal to or greater than The Holy Bible. The Holy Bible cannot be added to, nor can texts be deleted from it. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Matt. 5: 17-18; Rev. 22:18-19)
- Incarnation We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe Jesus is God. He came into the world in human flesh, fully God and fully man. We believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through crucifixion. (John 1:1-14; Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:35; 2 Cor. 5:21; Heb. 4:15; Heb. 7:25; Heb. 9:12; Col. 1:13-14; John 2:11; John 11:25; Acts 1:11; Rev. 19:11-16)
- Resurrection: We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost--those who are saved unto eternal life and those who are lost unto eternal damnation. (John 5:28-29; Romans 6:23; 2 Cor. 5:19-21)
- Creation: We hold that all of creation is a direct act of God (as opposed to evolution, which, by definition, denies intelligent design). We believe that man is a separate creation from animals. (Genesis 1:26-28, 5:1-2)
- Original Sin and Salvation: We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for salvation. Salvation is a free gift from God, which must be responded to by individual faith and repentance. Salvation does not come from trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial, atoning death and resurrection of Jesus Christ alone. (Romans 3:19-26; 1 Cor 15:17-22; John 3:16-21; Eph 2:3-5; Titus 3:5-7; Is 43:13)
- New Creation in Christ: We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. (2 Cor 5:17-20; Eph 2:14-20; Eph 4:30-32; Eph 5:18; 1 Cor 6:19; Romans 8:18-28)
- Definition of Marriage and Family: We hold that the Biblical model and definition of family is a husband and a wife and the children God gives them through birth, adoption, or guardianship. The family unit is accountable to each other and to God. (Genesis 2:18-24; Deut 5:16; Deut 32:46; Prov 12:4; Mal 2:15; Eph 5:22-28; Eph 6:1)
- Education: We hold as belief and conviction that children are given by God as a stewardship to the parent, not the state, and that parents have the ability and authority to teach and educate their own children. (Prov. 22:6; Deut. 6:6-7; Eph. 6:4, Ps. 127:3-5).
- Attitude: While striving to have the same attitude as Christ, and looking not only to self, but also to the interest of others, we hold to the maxim “In essentials unity, nonessentials liberty and in all things charity.” (Prov 12:28; Romans 8:9; Eph 5:19-21; Phil 2:3-11; Phil 2:14-16)
Statement of Non-affiliation
GATE HSA is not affiliated with any one denomination or religion, and neither supports nor endorses the World Council of Churches, National Council of Churches, or any other world, national, or regional organization which gives Christian recognition to unbelievers or advocates multi-faith religious unity.
GATE HSA’s Statement of Faith is fundamental to basic Christian tenets and contains those doctrines to which we unreservedly adhere. However, the following areas are left primarily to the teaching of the home and church and will not be taught, discussed or practiced during co-op activities:
1. Church government, authority and discipline
2. Time and mode of baptism
3. Security of the believer
4. Timing of future events or Tribulations
5. Second work of grace or baptism of the Holy Spirit
6. Sinless perfection
7. Gifts of the Spirit, tongues, interpretation of tongues, healing, miracle working and discerning of spirits
8. How to pray
9. Election or Predestination
Member family agreement:
Any adult attending, teaching or holding a leadership position of GATE HSA must have previously placed his/her faith in Jesus Christ and received salvation from Him alone. Please attach a brief testimony of faith (1 paragraph) for each adult who will be participating in the cooperative.
We agree with the tenants of Christian faith and the unified purposes of the statements listed herein, and will ensure that our family abides by these during any participation in GATE HSA activities.