2022/23 class schedule is posted
Click on class registration to see the schedule. Click on individual classes in the schedule to see class descriptions.
Rgistration for 2022/23 is happening now. To register please click on join in the upper right corner and follow the prompts.
Classes may be viewed by going to clss registration. Click on any class to see class descrition, cost and teacher bio.
Welcome to PTC
Parent Teacher Co-op (PTC) is a 501c (3) home school tutoring organization run by parent volunteers. We employ and train loving, qualified teachers to assist parents in teaching their students to be well- educated world changers. PTC meets on Thursdays at Banner of Christ Church, 1111 68th SW, Byron Center, MI 49315.
The school year is 34 weeks beginning September 8, 2022 ending May 18, 2023.
- Classes meet on Thursdays.
- Cost for most one and a half hour classes is $340, the two hour classes are $400. Some classes have copy and material fees added to the class cost. There is no refund for dropping a class after August 1st. Registration fee per family is $60 before May 20th. After May 20th it is $80. If using paypal please add $3 to the registration to cover fees.
Payments are made in six equal payments to the tutor directly
August 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, February 1st and March 1st. We do not accept public partnership money.
- The PTC is a co-op. All families are required to volunteer at least four times throughout the year (exact amounts will be determined by the number of families taking classes).
- All classes (5th-12th grades) require 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours of homework per day.
- All of our tutors are Christians. Each teaches from a biblical principle and a Biblical Worldview using the Principle Approach.
- Parent Teacher Co-op is held at Banner of Christ Church at 1111 68th St SW, just west of 131 expressway.
Classes for 2022/23
Zoology and Ancient History, Language Arts and Creative Drama, Global Art, Spanish
Early American History, English, Science, Music and Drama
20th Century History, Earth Science, English, Life Science, Intermediate Art, Intermediate Spanish, Girls' Fitness, Pre-Algebra
Writing and Culture, Algebra I, Algebra II, American History, American Sign Language I, American Sign Language II, American Sign Language III, Anatomy and Physiology, Ancient Civilizations through New Testament Survey, Apologetics, Art Journaling, Biology, British Literature, Chemistry, Consumers Math, Drawing Studio, Economics, English I, English II, Geometry, Government, Home and Office Computing, Interpretive Speech, Physical Science, Physics, Spanish I, Spanish II, Speech
The Parent Teacher Co-op uses the Principle Approach method of teaching. Every class of every subject is researched Biblically and with Webster's 1828 dictionary. Each class will learn how to research and will require; a notebook, a signed constitution, a syllabus, and projects. For more information go to https://face.net/
Classes articulating to Davenport University
The Parent Teacher Co-op is a home school tutoring organization whose mission is to come alongside parents to raise up a generation of well-educated warriors for Christ. We offer classes with academic excellence along with an environment that fosters relationships.