be dropped without
penalty before August 1.
Do this on your site
under class registration
Four dates are required
Registration for 2019/20
is happening now.
Please click on join
and follow the prompts.
The cost to register is $80
when paied by check in the
mail or $83 by paypal
Welcome to PTC
Parent Teacher Co-op (PTC) is a home school tutoring organization run by parent volunteers. We employ and train loving, qualified teachers to assist parents in teaching their students to be well educated world changers. PTC meets on Thursdays at Banner of Christ Church, 1111 68th SW, Byron Center, MI 49315.
The school year is 34 weeks beginning September 5th ending May 14th.
- Classes meet on Thursdays.
- Cost for most one and a half hour classes is $320, the two hour classes are $380. Some classes have copy and material fees added to the class cost. There is no discount for dropping a class.
Payments are made in six equal payments to the tutor directly
August 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, February 1st and March 1st. We do not accept public partnership money.
- The PTC is a co-op. All families are required to volunteer at least four times throughout the year (exact amounts will be determined by the number of families taking classes).
- All classes (5th-12th grades) require 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours of homework per day.
- All of our tutors are Christians. Each teaches from a biblical principle and a Biblical Worldview using the Principle Approach.
- Parent Teacher Co-op is held at Banner of Christ Church at 1111 68th St SW, just west of expressway 131.
The Parent Teacher Co-op uses the Principle Approach method of teaching. Every class of every subject is researched Biblically and with Webster's 1828 dictionary. Each class will learn how to research and will require; a notebook, a signed constitution, a syllabus, and projects.
Classes for 2019/20
History, Art, Spanish, Science, Drama/Music
English, Science, History, Spanish, Art, Drama/Music, Spelling, Math facts
English, Earth Science, History, Algebra ½, Spanish, Art, Drama/Music, Math facts
Algebra I & II, Geometry, Home & Office Computing, Physics, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, Physical Science, English I & II, American Literature, Interpretive Speech, Speech, Drawing, Developing the Artist Within, Psychology, Spanish I & II, American History, Government/ Economics, Ancient History and Survey of the Old Testament, ACT & SAT prep
Classes acticulating to Davenport University
Anatomy, chemistry, physics, speech, American history, world history, Spanish II, computing, psychology, and government.
The Parent Teacher Co-op is a home school tutoring organization whose mission is to come alongside parents to raise up a generation of well-educated warriors for Christ. We offer classes with academic excellence along with an environment that fosters relationships.