Welcome to PTC
Parent Teacher Co-op (PTC) is a home school tutoring organization run by parent volunteers. We employ and train loving, qualified teachers to assist parents in teaching their students to be well educated world changers. PTC meets on Thursdays at Banner of Christ Church, 1111 68th SW, Byron Center, MI 49315.
Full and nearly full classes
Full and nearly full classes for 2018/19.
New classes for 2018/19
Ultimate Frisbee - is an eight week introduction to this fast paced action sport.
The eight week Social Dance class will teach students the basics of swing, waltz and other commonly used dance styles.
Survey of the New Testement and Ancient Civilizations, learn the events, people, and places of the New Testament along with the civilization during that time period.
Express and Explore - art for the busy student. This class is designed for the busy student who would like to have time for art but has a busy schedule. No weekly homework. Work within your schedule. Relax and de-stress through creating and expressing yourself and try out a mediums you have been dreaming to try.
Spanish III - This is a highschool level course and continuation of Spanish II. Students will be building upon concepts learned in the previous Spanish courses and continue to learn about the Hispanic Culture and influence in our country and new conversational skills.
- The school year is 34 weeks beginning September 6th ending May 16th.
- Classes meet on Thursdays.
- Cost for most one and a half hour classes is $300, the two hour classes are $340. Some classes have copy and material fees added to the class cost. There is no discount for dropping a class.
Payments are made in six equal payments to the tutor directly
August 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, February 1st and March 1st.
- The PTC is a co-op. All families are required to volunteer at least four times throughout the year (exact amounts will be determined by the number of families taking classes).
- All classes (5th-12th grades) require 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours of homework per day.
- All of our tutors are Christians. Each teaches from a biblical principle and a Biblical Worldview using the Principle Approach.
- Parent Teacher Co-op is held at Banner of Christ Church at 1111 68th St SW, just west of expressway 131.
The Parent Teacher Co-op uses the Principle Approach method of teaching. Every class of every subject is researched Biblically and with Webster's 1828 dictionary. Each class will learn how to research and will require; a notebook, a signed constitution, a syllabus, and projects.
The Parent Teacher Co-op is a home school tutoring organization whose goal is to come alongside parents to raise up a generation of well-educated warriors for Christ. We offer classes with academic excellence along with an environment that fosters relationships.
Classes offered for the 2017/18 school year are:
History, Art, Spanish, Science, Drama/Music
English, Science, History, Spanish, Art, Drama/Music
English, Life Science, History, Algebra ½, Spanish, Art, Drama/Music
Algebra I&II, Geometry, Home & Office Computing, Physics, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, English I & II, American Literature, Interpretive Speech, Speech, Drawing, Art, Psychology, Spanish I & II, World History, Government/ Economics, Handyman Skills, Home Management, Ancient History and Survey of the Old Testament