Welcome to DCHEA
Welcome to Desert Christian Home Educators Association!
Open registration for the 2021-2022 school year will be August 1st through August 31st, 2021.
At Desert Christian Home Educators Association, our mission is to encourage, inform, support, and build up a community of private Christian home educating families.
Desert CHEA is part of the statewide CHEA Support Network. We serve the private Christian homeschool families of the Coachella Valley and surrounding areas. We believe that children belong to God, who has given the responsibility and authority for their education to their parents. It is the responsibility of the parents to protect this right.
The founders of Desert CHEA realized there were many moral values that all Christian home-educating families have in common. They understood that as Christians, it is our religious convictions that bind us together. The freedom to share and live in accordance with these convictions during group activities is foundational to Desert CHEA as a Christian organization.
Established more than thirty years ago, it is our purpose to provide information and assistance to families who are considering private Christian home education. To provide support for families who have a shared commitment to privately home educate their children. To provide an educational and social context for their children with other like-minded families. It is DCHEA’s intent that this organization and all of its activities and publications be God-honoring as we represent Him to each other and to our community.
Some of the opportunities we provide include:
- Parent led educational co-op in a class setting
- Field trips, park days, and other fun activities
- Tween and Teen events
- Performing Arts Program: Talent Show & Christmas Musical
- Annual yearbook creation
- Used curriculum sales and exchanges
- Local theater viewing opportunities
- Family events such as hikes and camping
- So Cal Prom opportunity
Qualifications for membership:
- Members have expressed a personal faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior as the only means of forgiveness of our sins.
- Members can express full acknowledgment and agreement with the Statement of Faith that DCHEA and CHEA have endorsed.
- Members are actively homeschooling their children through private, non-government funded homeschooling options (1) Filing a Private School Affidavit, or (2) enrolled in a Private School Satellite Program (PSP).
- Members have read and agree to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Please fill out the "contact us" form on this website if you have any questions.