Welcome to DCHEA
Desert Christian Home Educators Association!
Open registration for the 2021-2022 school year is
August 1st through September 15th, 2021.
DCHEA Open House
For our members and those interested in joining.
Do you privately homeschool in the Coachella Valley? Are you interested in connecting with like-minded Christian, homeschooling families? DCHEA may be the group you are looking for!
- When: Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 6:00 pm
- Where: Grace Chapel 48395 Madison St. Indio, CA 92201
- Get information about DCHEA.
- Meet and greet the DCHEA Board and Committee Leaders.
- Catch up with old friends and make new ones.
- Enjoy pizza, salad, and dessert!
- This event is for the whole family.
- Please RSVP by August 23rd to be entered into the raffle for cool prizes:
If you plan to come click HERE to register.
Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
At Desert Christian Home Educators Association,
our mission is to encourage, inform, support, and build up a community of
private Christian home-educating families.
Desert Christian Home Educators Association (DCHEA) is part of the statewide CHEA support network. We serve the private Christian homeschool families of the Coachella Valley and surrounding areas. Our members subscribe to our statement of faith and agree to abide by our code of conduct.
In 1995 a group of homeschooling families joined together to organize Desert Christian Home Educators Association. Their goal was to create a group focusing on educational enrichment and community. Today the mission of our group is very much the same.
Our mission is to encourage, inform, support, and build up a community of private Christian home-educating families.
Our purpose is to encourage families at every stage of their homeschooling journey by providing information about local homeschool laws and answering questions about curriculum and organization. We also seek to support our families by offering educational opportunities such as field trips, co-op classes, and more. Finally, we provide a community of like-minded families to walk this journey together. In all that we do, we strive to bring honor to the Lord.
Events & Activities
Events and Activities:
Desert CHEA is a parent-led homeschool support group. Our Board members and committee leaders are volunteers. Some of the events and activities we offer include:
- Educational Co-op
- Field Trips
- Park Days
- Tween and Teen Events
- Talent Show
- Christmas Program
- Used Curriculum Sales and Exchanges
- Local Theater Viewing Opportunities
- Family Events Such as Hikes and Camping trips
- High School Prom
- Annual Yearbook
DCHEA is a member-only organization.
- Members have expressed a personal faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior as the only means of forgiveness for our sins.
- Members can express full acknowledgment and agreement with the STATMENT OF FAITH that DCHEA and CHEA have endorsed.
- Members must be homeschooling their children in one of two ways:
- By filing a Private School Affidavit with the CDE.
- By enrolling in a Private School Satellite Program (PSP) who file a PSA on your behalf.
- Members have read and agree to abide by our CODE OF CONDUCT.
CHEA of California
The Christian Home Educators Association (CHEA) of California, Inc. is a non-profit ministry established in 1982 to provide information, support, and training to the home education community throughout the state, to advance the Kingdom of Jesus Christ by promoting private Christian home education as an outstanding educational opportunity; providing information, training, and support to the homeschool community; and protecting the God-given right of parents to direct the education and training of their children, to the glory of God. Read about how CHEA began in God’s Homeschooling Tapestry, by co-founder Susan Beatty.
We believe every child is unique. That children should learn in ways that meet their needs. And that you want the best for your child. Homeschooling gives you the freedom to personalize their education so they can realize their potential.
HSLDA passionately advocates for the freedom to homeschool and offers support for every stage of your homeschool journey.