Welcome to Families Discerning Homeschooling
Welcome Message for Families Discerning Homeschooling
We understand that we are living in tumultuous times.
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has upended family life around the world. School closures, working remotely, physical distancing — it’s a lot for parents to navigate.
Melbourne ArchAngels Homeschooling Community is here to offer support to families who might be thinking of homeschooling for the first time.
We know you may have a lot of questions, are nervous, or wondering if this is the right choice. Please be assured of our prayers, and that we are here to answer any questions you might have.
And if you do discern that homeschooling is the right choice for your family, please know that there is a vibrant Catholic community waiting to help support you and your family in your journey.
FAQ's About Homeschooling
Benefits of membership include:
- Support from a Catholic community of homeschooling families
- Opportunity to share your gifts
- Access to the Melbourne ArchAngels website - for safety reasons, access is limited to families who have paid for the current year.
- Field Trips, Activities (family, Mom, Dad), Academic and Social Clubs
- Group Discount Codes for FPEA and HSLDA
How to join:
- Click "Join now" above and fill out the registration form.
- You may also chat with us through our Facebook page
- Someone will be in touch with you to invite you to meet us, perhaps a playdate, picnic or moms' breakfast
- Your registration can then be approved and you will have access to the website and calendar and discussion groups, and field trips, clubs, and Co-op(s).
- Yearly membership dues are $50/family which covers the website and insurance policy for the whole group (required by the diocese). Our fiscal year is from July 1 through June 30