What is BACH?
BACH stands for Bay Area Catholic Homeschoolers. We are a support group for Catholic homeschooling families in the greater Clear Lake area of Texas. We are not a co-op which means that we do not offer classes.
What area does BACH cover?
We have families from the following cities in Texas: Pearland, Pasadena, Alvin, Santa Fe, Seabrook, Friendswood, League City, Webster, Nassau Bay, Clear Lake, and the Sagemont Area.
Any family is welcome to join BACH regardless of where you live; however, most of our activities are in and around Friendswood, Texas, given its central location.
What does BACH do?
BACH offers support to families who are homeschooling. Here are some of the numerous activities that may occur during the year:
- Mom’s Night Out
- All Saint’s Day Party each November
- Family prayer partners during Advent
- Epiphany Party each January for parents
- St. Valentine's Day Party
- Monthly activities for Teens and Tweens – game nights, roller skating, bonfires, etc.
- Numerous field trips to a variety of places: museums, farms, exhibits, the zoo, Galveston, etc.
- Service projects throughout the year
If you are looking for a way to meet other families, and find out more about homeschooling, BACH is a great opportunity for you. There are many different families in BACH, who follow many different styles of homeschooling (Classical, Charlotte Mason, Unschooling, etc). Each family does what is best for them, and we provide a community of support for all involved.
Please explore the FAQ's link at the left for more information.