I agree prior to participating, I and the minor participant (student), will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used. If I believe anything is unsafe, I will immediately advise the administrators of such conditions.
I acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaged in activities that involve risk of injury which might result not only from their own actions, inactions or negligence, but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of conduct, or conditions of the premises or any of the equipment used. Further, that there may be risks not known to us or foreseeable at the time.
I assume all foregoing risk and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury.
I, intending to be legally bound, do hereby release, waive, discharge and consent not to sue WEST’s administrators, board, employees, tutors or volunteers of the organization, other participants and Church of the Open Door, all which are herein after referred to as “released” from any and all liability to each the undersigned, his or hers and next of kin for any claims, demands, losses or damages, on account of injury including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to cause in whole or part by negligence to the release of otherwise in connection with association or entry and/or arising in participation in activities led by WEST.
I hereby release all members of WEST of any and all liability resulting from medical treatment. I understand if medical attention is necessary and I am not present, WEST has my permission to call an ambulance to transport any family member I have listed above to the nearest medical facility for emergency medical treatment. I am responsible for all expenses incurred.
In an emergency where a parent/guardian is unavailable, I (we) request and authorize any physician, associates, assistants, agents and employees thereof, to provide any x-ray, examinations, anesthetic, diagnosis, medical, or surgical treatment, or hospital or clinic service, not including vaccinations, that may be required by said minor in the estimation of such physician, whether such diagnosis or treatment is rendered at the office of said physician or at said hospital. It is understood that this authorization is given in advance of any specific diagnosis or required treatment and is given to encourage said hospital and said physicians to exercise their best judgment as to the requirements of such diagnosis and treatment in those instances when a parent of the minor is unavailable to provide the necessary consent to treatment.
THE ELECTRONICALLY SIGNED HAS READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE, AND UNDERSTANDS THAT HE/SHE HAS GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGNS IT VOLUNTARILY.
WEST Registration & Guidelines to Graduation
1. Register on-line at www.westclasses.com beginning October 1.
- An $80 non-refundable deposit is required upon registration.
- Remaining balance is due no later than January 15 of graduation year.
- If registering after January 1, payment of $180 due upon registration.
- After February 5 of graduation year, require registration permission by WEST Executive Director, Robin Fraser.
- No refunds after January 31.
- Upon payment you may select to order an Academic Cord and/or an Athletic Cord ($5 per cord per graduate)
2. Additional costs may be incurred based on planning of graduating families.
3. Graduates are required to be present at each planning meeting. Non-attendance will forfeit your registration fee and participation in graduation.
- One parent of the graduate is required to attend designated planning meeting.
- First and Last planning meeting, possibly one to two more.
4. Attire for the graduation ceremony is dress-up/semi-formal.
5. Any photography of graduation ceremony done by WEST is property of WEST and could be used for marketing purposes.
6. The graduation ceremony will maintain a traditional Christian perspective.
7. The WEST Board of Directors and Team reserves the right to make final decisions on all facets of the graduation ceremony and planning process.
I have read and agree to the WEST Graduation Guidelines as stated above:
THE ELECTRONICALLY SIGNED HAS READ THE ABOVE WAIVER, RELEASE, REGISTRATION AND GUIDELINES, AND UNDERSTANDS THAT HE/SHE HAS GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGNS IT VOLUNTARILY.