Welcome to HSCC
HomeSchool Community Connection
Who are We:
HSCC is a Christian-based Biblical worldview organization that supports the call to minister to homeschooling families and their communities. Our homeschool community organization believes the Word of God calls us to be salt and light in a very dark world. As believers committed to the cause of Christ we believe marriage is between a man and a woman.
Classes are held at Trinity Baptist Church, which is covered by the Southern Baptist Conference. Trinity Baptist Church follows the Baptist and Faith Document of 2000 from the Southern Baptist Conference. As a Christian based organization we are covered by the Trinity Baptist Church.
Where and When We Meet:
HSCC is currently meeting on Thursdays at Trinity Baptist Church 2671 Mattawoman Beantown Road Waldorf, MD 20601. For more information about our location and day please email the Director at HSCC2017@gmail.com or call Vanessa Hall at 240-303-2137.
- HSCC Fees are as follows:
- There is a $25 non refundable membership fee. (Note: You do not have to participate in classes to be a member).
- There is also a $45 class participation fee. This fee allows you the opportunity to participate in classes and goes towards the church facilities use. (Note: Classes may have additional supply fees and all instructors are paid individually.)
- Note there are some classes, which are a year long class and not semester. Please check each class and instructor for more information.
- Payments can be mailed to Homeschool Community Connection P.O. Box 1131 Clinton, MD 20735 or the Venmo electronic account.
As A Member:
- You will be notified of any HSCC field trips, Moms classes, book club and prayer.
- Your children are welcome to participate in classes for grades (PreK-12).
- You will be invited to take part in our Winter and Spring Programs. For our theater and performance choir we have an additional day for class and rehearsal, which is Monday. Our culminating event for theater is showcased at the Black Box Theatre contracted by our Theater Director Mrs. Michelle Talkington.
- You are invited to come have lunch and recess, with the HSCC community on Thursdays at 12:00 pm-1 pm, depending on your class schedule. Due to our class structure several high school classes may run into the lunch time hour.
- You are a member of the Maryland Association of Christian Home Educators. (MACHE), which will give you a discount with HSLDA (Homeschool Legal Defense Association). We are also recognized via HEAV (Home Educators Association of Virginia).
Open House will be held on Thursday, August 24, 2017 from 5:30pm-8 pm.
Fall Classes will begin on Thursday, September 7, 2017 and end on Thursday, December 7, 2017. The final day of enrollment for those classes is September 28, 2017.
Performance Choir Auditions will be held on Thursday, September 7 from 1:30-3:00 pm for new and former members (i.e., not active 2016-2017 year). Voice placement will be held for current members during this time.
Our Christmas Program will be held Saturday, December 16, 2017 from 5-7 pm. There will be 2 more rehearsals in preparation for our Christmas Program.
Spring Classes will begin Thursday, January 11, 2018 and end Thursday, April 12, 2018.
All Performing Arts (orchestra, choir, theater, dance) and High School classes are year long classes ending Thursday, April 26, 2018.
The Spring Concert will be held Saturday, May 5, 2018.
We are looking forward to serving our friends and making new friends this upcoming school year. Please be sure to register for all your classes online so we can receive a good head count for each instructor. God has truly blessed us with His favor and the opportunity to meet the needs of families in this Southern Region of Maryland. You're always welcome at Homeschool Community Connection. We love you and we are constantly praying God's best for you and your family as you continue on your homeschool journey. Know God is with you and you can do ALL things through Christ, which strengthens you. Be blessed!!