Statement of Faith
In 1 Corinthians 16:13, we are commanded to "Be on guard; stand firm in the faith; be strong and of good courage." At SCCC, this is the faith for which we courageously stand:
• We believe the Bible to be the infallible Word of God.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
• We believe that man, created in the image of God, fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone can be saved.
• We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man’s sin.
• We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict man, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for Godly living and service.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in Jesus Christ and the individual doctrinal differences which may exist should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.