Statement of Faith
In 1 Corinthians 16:13, we are commanded to "Be on guard; stand firm in the faith; be strong and of good courage." At SCCC, this is the faith for which we courageously stand:
Statement of Faith
1. I believe the Bible to be the infallible Word of God.
2. I believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
4. I believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone can be saved.
5. I believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus
Christ, whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man’s sin.
6. I believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict man, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
7. I believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complimentary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
8. I believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union.
9. I believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in Jesus Christ and that individual doctrinal differences which may exist should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.
1. To provide support and education to Christian parents who are teaching their children at home.
2. To provide opportunities for the student’s social, intellectual, and spiritual growth through planned educational and recreational activities.
3. To promote Christian values, character development, and outreach.
I have read and agree with the Statement of Faith and the principles stated above.