Prom 2020 Attendance Agreement
Please read thoroughly:
Each prom attendee (high school students, guests and adult guests) must indicate agreement and sign on the registration forms. If you are bringing a guest, they must also read this agreement and fill out a Registration Form and indicate agreement to abide by these guidelines. All high school students and guests must have a parent also read this agreement and sign the student or guest forms. If attending, adults must fill out an adult registration form and agree to abide by these guidelines.
General Agreement and Release Form
In consideration of being permitted to attend the Tyler Area Homeschooled High School Prom (hereinafter referred to as “Prom”) all attendees and parents (hereinafter referred to as “Family) agree to the following:
1. Family agrees to hold harmless, release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Prom Committee Members, Villa Di Felicita, their officers, employees, board members or other Prom participating families (hereinafter referred to as “Releasees”) from all liability to Family for any loss or damage including but not limited to injury to or death of a person or loss of or damage to their property or belongings while attending Prom on Prom premises.
2. Family agrees to indemnify Releasees from any loss, liability, damage, or cost Releasees may incur due to the presence of Family in or on the premises of Prom Activities.
3. Family assumes full responsibility for any risk of bodily injury, death, or property damage due to the negligence of Releasees or otherwise while in or on the premises of Prom Activity Location and/or while working, or for any purpose participating in the activities of the Prom.
4. Family expresses agrees that this release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Texas and that if any portion of the agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
5. In consideration of being permitted to attend and participate in all Prom activities, Family, Family’s heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns release and forever hold harmless all Releasees and their heirs, administrators executors, and assigns from any and every claim, demand, action or right of action whatsoever kind or nature, either in law or equity arising from or by reason of any bodily injury or personal injuries, known or unknown, death, or property damage resulting from any accident which may occur as a result of participation in any and all Prom activities whether by negligence or not.
6. By checking / signing agreement, Family states that both the father and mother of Family have carefully read the above release, now the contents of the release and sign this release voluntarily.
7. Family releases and holds harmless all officials and professional personnel from any claims whatsoever arising from any and all medical treatment or services rendered to any Family member during attendance and/or participation in any and all Prom activities.
8. This agreement shall be binding on each member of the Family, their heirs, next-of-kin, personal representatives, and assigns. This release contains the entire agreement between all parties to this agreement, and the terms of this release are contractually and legally binding and not a mere recital.
9. By checking / signing, all attendees (students, parents, guests) agree that they have read, understand, and agree to abide by the Dress Code and Code of Conduct, and that failure to do so will result in expulsion from the Prom.
Dress Code Guidelines
Formal attire is required. If you arrive at Prom and it is deemed that your attire does not follow the dress code, you may be asked to go home and change, or a covering will be provided to wear under/over your dress, so please do not violate dress code.
Gentlemen: A tuxedo, dress suit, OR dress pants with a long-sleeved, button-down, collared shirt, and a necktie (bow ties and Western Bolos acceptable) are required. Coats or vests are encouraged. Shoes must be all one color. No athletic shoes nor denim pants.
Ladies: Gowns are required and must be modest. Long gowns are encouraged; all dresses must touch the top of the knee with slits no higher than the top of the knee. No athletic shoes. Your gown should reveal no cleavage in the front nor excessive skin in the back. As a guide, if a string were to be wrapped directly under your armpits and straight across the front, no skin should show below that line (see diagram). When standing up straight with your arms by your side, no skin should touch skin. Side or front cutouts in the dresses are not permitted. Backless dresses must be no lower than two inches below the bottom of your shoulder blades. Fabric covering the areas between the imaginary string line at the top (mentioned above) and the knee at the bottom must NOT be see-through.
It is your responsibility as a member of TACHE or a home schooled student to pass the dress code details to your dates and any guests that you invite.
Code of Conduct
The following are rules of expected behavior and etiquette. Failure to comply may result in expulsion from Prom.
~No PDA (Public Display of Affection)
~No outside food or drinks allowed in facility. No drinking alcoholic beverages before or during Prom.
~No smoking or vaping allowed on facility property, either inside or outside the facility.
~ Proper dance etiquette and modest behavior required on the dance floor. No “twerking,” bumping/rubbing/grinding of body parts or “sexy dancing” of any kind will be allowed.
~ If you wear a covering over a dress that does not meet dress code alone, you must wear the covering the entire evening.
~No wandering around the premises inside or outside without an adult chaperone. Stay in the approved areas. If you need something from your car, a chaperone must escort you.
~ No leaving the premises. Once you leave Prom, you may not return.