Field Trip Guidelines
Field Trip Guidelines
It is our desire to provide the group with interesting, informative, fun, and educational field trips. As we venture out, it is also our desire that our families conduct themselves in a manner that would reflect well on the home school community and be honoring to the Lord. Please read through the Field Trip Etiquette below and plan to spend a little time going over the information with your children before each outing.
Only immediate family members of registered CFS Valley Center families may attend our field trips and CFS Valley Center sponsored events. CFS Valley Center leadership reserves the right to make exceptions on a case by case basis.
- Please be responsible for the children you bring. Help them to behave so that all can enjoy the trip.
- Please do not bring children outside of the age range indicated. Every effort is made to accommodate babies, toddlers, and strollers; however some field trips will not be suitable for them.
- Please advise the Field Trip Coordinator as soon as possible if you are unable to attend, as there is generally a waiting list and a minimum group size required.
- Please do not bring people who are not signed up for the field trip.
Please dress appropriately, and use good common sense. Modesty is a foremost principle in Scripture. Although the Lord is concerned with our heart attitude, others look at our outward appearance. Cleanliness and neatness are good habits for our children.
Conduct (T.R.I.P. rules)
Please review the following rules with your children before each field trip and plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your tour is scheduled to begin.
- Together: Stay with your parent and group. Only touch what you have been told you may touch.
- Respect: Be respectful of your surroundings and of the people around you.
- Interested: Pay attention to your guide and listen well. Think of thoughtful questions.
- Polite: Use your best manners and be sure to thank your guide.
“Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.”
Field Trip Refund Policy
Due to the fact that the majority of field trips need to be paid in advance and/or have minimum group requirements, we do not give refunds. However, if we have advanced notice (e.g. one week or more), we can try to fill the spot with another family, and that family can reimburse the family unable to attend. This gives us time to retain our numbers for the said field trip, or give the field trip location advanced notice of a change in our population.