STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Southwest Georgia Homeschool Association is a Christian organization of
homeschoolers. We are open to Christians of all affiliations and non-Christians as well; however, all should understand that we are committed to Biblical standards in all that we do. This includes the field trips we choose, the standards of behavior we endeavor to exhibit, and the way we interact with one another. Our guiding principle is this:
The Lord our God is one Lord!
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your
soul and with all your might.
...thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart;
And you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in
your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.
SWGHA's goal is to provide support and assist families of southwest Georgia with the challenges of educating their children at home. There are many ways we attempt to accomplish this goal by:
1. Providing encouragement to homeschooling families within southwest Georgia.
2. Providing information regarding the legal climate of home education in Georgia and in our nation.
3. Working to protect the future freedoms of home education in Georgia and in our nation.
4. Reviewing and disseminating home education materials and information considered vital to home educators.
5. Conducting educational activities to provide information and training to home education families.
7. Providing information concerning standardized tests for grades 1-12.
8. Offering opportunities for much needed fellowship, counsel, and laughter with other homeschoolers.