The Southwest Georgia Homeschool Association
Teaching our children
The Lord our God is one Lord! And you shall love the Lord your God
with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Thou shalt teach them (these words that I command) diligently unto thy children,
and shall talk of them when thou sittest in thy house, and when thou walkest by the
way, and when thy liest down, and when thou risest up.
SWGHA is an organization of Christian homeschoolers.
We are open to Christians of all affiliations and non-Christians as well; however, all should understand that we are committed to Biblical standards in all that we do, including the field trips we choose, the standards of behavior we endeavor to exhibit, and the way we interact with one another.
SWGHA's goal is to provide support and assist families of Southwest Georgia with the challenges of educating their children at home.
We accomplish this goal by:
· Providing support & encouragement to the homeschooling families of Southwest Georgia.
· Offering Friday classes –supplemental classes taught by our homeschooling community.
· Providing information regarding the legal climate of home education in Georgia and in our nation.
· Reviewing and disseminating home education materials and information considered vital to home educators.
· Publishing the SWGHA Handbook & Directory.
· Conducting educational activities to provide information and training to home educators and their children.
· Providing information and administration of standardized tests in grades 1-12.
· Offering opportunities for much needed fellowship, counsel, and laughter with other homeschool parents.