Membership Information and Benefits
Purpose of HEY:
- To provide an opportunity for fellowship and support of home schooled families in a wholesome Christian environment.
- To represent the homeschool community in a manner that honors Jesus Christ.
- To provide educational events, group activities and family socials for our children.
- To provide an atmosphere for exchange of teaching techniques and curriculum information.
- To keep the group informed of any pertinent homeschool current events such as seminars, conferences and legal issues.
- To promote public awareness of home education.
HEY’s Mission Statement:
HEY exists for the benefit of Yuma’s Christian homeschool community to inform of relevant laws and opportunities; to support in a more rounded education through organized group activities and events otherwise hard to provide in a single family setting; and to encourage all in ways of fellowship, community, and prayer.
Established in 1988, HEY is Yuma’s longest established, nonprofit, Christian homeschool support group focused on raising well-educated, respectful citizens demonstrating desirable work ethics, strong leadership skills, and high moral conduct as reflected in a Christ-centered life.
HEY’s Statement of Faith:
- I believe the Bible to be the infallible word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life. (II Tim. 3:16, Is. 40:8, Mt. 5:18, Rev. 22:18-19)
- I believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (I Jn. 5:7-8, Mt. 28:19, Mt. 3:16-17, II Cor. 13:14)
- I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory. (Jn. 1:14 & 10:30, Mt. 1:18, Lk. 1:34-35, Heb. 4:15, I Pet. 2:21-22, II Cor. 5:21, I Pet.1:18-19, Is. 53:5, Ro. 3:24-25, Jn. 11:25, Ro. 8:11&34, I Cor. 15:3-8, Acts 1:9-12, Mk. 16:19, Jn. 14:2-3, I Thes. 4:16-17)
- I believe man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and therefore is lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone can be saved. (Gen. 1:27, Gen. 3, Ro. 3:23-26, Acts 4:12, Ro. 10:9)
- I believe that salvation is a gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man’s sin. (Jn. 3:16, Eph. 2:8-9, Titus 3:5-7)
- I believe Christ has already done everything necessary by His death and resurrection to remove our sins and make us holy from God’s point of view. (I Pet. 5:10, Ps. 103:12, Heb. 10:16-17)
- I believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict men, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service. (Jn. 14:26, Acts 1:18, Ro. 15:13)
HEY MEMBER BENEFITS:
We share information through email, member-only facebook page, our website and at our HEY Day meetings.
- Laws and Regulations
- Community Activities
- HEY Calendar updates
- Seminars and Conferences
- Teaching Techniques
- Curriculum Choices
We offer fellowship and support through by-weekly gatherings, special events and activities, Physical Activity Classes (extra charge), Home School Legal Defense Association Discount, and small group and field trip opportunities exclusively for HEY families.
- Back to School BBQ
- History Fair
- Sweetheart Banquet
- Science Fair
- Field and Fun Day
- Curriculum Fair
- End of Year Celebration
We provide opportunities for members to utilize their skills, talents, and ideas to inspire, refresh, and strengthen one another in a wholesome Christian Environment.
Types of Memberships:
FAMILY Membership is $40 for families of any size
ALUMNI Membership is for continuing to be connected in friendships and your homeschool community. Alumni members are welcome to HEY events and HEY day meetings. Connect via HEY Alumni Facebook Group, ask to join and/or contact HEY Alumni President, Tonya Knisley @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
MENTOR Membership is for Parents/Guardians who are no longer homeschooling their children. We invite you to join us in an advisory role at no cost. We want to continue to offer a place for you to serve and encourage the local homeschool community. Connect via HEY Mentors Facebook Group, ask to join and/or contact HEY President at HEYNews@outlook.com.
Members can pay for member registration and PAC enrollments online! Treasurer, Justine Tardy will be available on HEY Days to help you through this process.
By God's grace, this is going to be a great year!
- Amy Ball, President
- Jenni Welch, Secretary
- Justine Tardy, Treasurer
- Tammy Knisley, Advisor
- Nichole Harpel, Teen Coordinator
- Jenni Welch, Membership Relations
- Cecelia Braithwaite, Ministry Coordinator
- Penny Barrett, Resource Librarian
- Justine Tardy, Event Coordinator
- Tonya Knisley 9-12 year olds and 13-18 year olds
- Alex Ruiz 3-5 year olds and 6-8 year olds
- Kaitlyn Ball, Volunteer Assistant
- Ashlynn Ball, Volunteer Assistant
TERMS OF SERVICE including Bylaws, Statement of Faith and Liability Waiver.