Welcome to Heritage Homeschoolers!
Welcome to Heritage Homeschoolers! New member registration for the 2021-2022 school year is open until January 31, 2022.
ALL registration steps must be completed by January 31st.
We are an inclusive support group for Black homeschool families in Cobb County, Georgia. We strive to create a sense of community, belonging, and relationship for Black homeschooled children, their parents/caretakers, and other homeschool families who share this vision.
Our group meets regularly for enrichment activities, service projects, field trips, park days, nature-based activities, indoor activities, play dates, family events, educational road trips, ParentSchool topical online sessions, Mom's Nights Out, Dad's Nights Out, and more. The group is member-led, so activities are determined based on the needs and desires of the group with each family having opportunities to plan events.
We are not a school, and we don't have a drop-off program. We encourage our parents to participate and engage in the community alongside their children as we work together to build relationships within the "village."
COVID-19 Plans: Based on member survey results, much of our programming will be in person with a strong emphasis on outdoor activities when possible. We will also continue to offer a healthy number of Zoom activities. This is partially due to COVID and also for convenience as we've found that some things just make more sense online. The volume of online programming will be based on the number of volunteers we have to lead online activities.
We serve homeschool families with children in K through 12th grade with most of our families having students in elementary and middle school. We have plenty of high schoolers, but they are not as active as the younger students. If you have a teen, maybe you could help us in that area!
Some events do have a minimum age requirement to ensure that our families with older students are well-supported. Member families MUST have at least one school-age homeschooled child. If your oldest homeschooled child is not at least 5 years old, please wait and apply later.
While Cobb County is our home base for meetings and most events, we do have activities throughout the county and explore all of Greater Atlanta and beyond on our field trips. Cobb County residency is not a requirement for membership.
PLEASE NOTE: Upon joining, you will set up a password allowing you to view the members-only calendar on this website. The password will not be activated until your application has been processed, but please retain the password.
Membership application process:
1) Request membership using the link in the login box on this page.
2) Payment: Annual dues for 2021-2022 are $65 per family (with a mandatory volunteer slot for planning or helping with one activity) or $100 per family (with no requirement for planning or helping with an event). This will provide membership in the group until August 1st, 2022.
3) Membership application: After submitting your membership request, you will be asked to complete a full membership application.
4) Handbook: Reading the membership handbook in full is a requirement for membership.
5) Watch the orientation video: You will receive the link after registering.
6) Participate in a new member Q&A call: You will receive the call schedule and Zoom link after completing all of the steps above.
In order to join Heritage Homeschoolers and gain access to our activity calendar, you will need to complete ALL of the steps listed above.
Have questions or looking for details on homeschooling in Georgia? Please visit our page on How to Homeschool.
If you have questions about Heritage Homeschoolers, please feel free to Contact Us for more information.