Statement of Faith
Statement of Purpose
Christian Homeschoolers of Marysville is a faith-based homeschooling group. Our purpose is to aid and support the families of homeschooled children. We believe it to be the parents’ responsibility to train their children in a godly manner, thereby fulfilling the Scriptures of Proverbs 22:6 and Deuteronomy 6: 5-9. We seek to provide an atmosphere that will foster this training and that will glorify the Lord Jesus Christ in all we say and do.
Statement of Faith
Our Statement of Faith exists to make our Christian principles, beliefs and perspective clear.
Christian Homeschoolers of Marysville believes:
- Bible: The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired by God and are the revelation of God to man. They are the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct. We believe in the absolute authority of the Holy Bible and that there is no other book that is equal to or supersedes it. (2 Sam. 22:31, 2 Tim. 3:16, 1 Thes. 2:13, 2 Sam. 22:31, Isa. 40:8, Peter 1:21).
- God: The one true God has revealed himself as the eternally self-existent “I AM,” the Creator of heaven and earth, and the redeemer of mankind. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. He has further revealed himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost - who are one, in being and in purpose. (Deut. 6:4; Isaiah 43: 10,11; Matt. 28: 19; Luke 3: 22, John 1:1-3, 10:30).
- Jesus: We believe that God, the Son, entered the world as a man to die on the cross on our behalf. The Scriptures declare His:
- Virgin birth (Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:31,35)
- Sinless life (Heb. 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22)
- Miracles (Acts 2:22; 10:38)
- Substitutionary Atonement (I Cor. 15:3; II Cor. 5:21)
- Bodily resurrection from the dead (Matt.28:6; Luke 24:39;I Cor.15:4)
- Sits at the right hand of God (Acts 1:9,11; 2:33; Phil. 2:9, 11; Heb. 1:3)
- Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- Those who believe and trust in Jesus Christ will live on in heaven, while those that rejected God suffer eternity in hell. After the culmination of the events of the Book of Revelation all believers shall be bodily resurrected. (John 6:40, Romans 6:23, Matthew 25:41- 46, John 5:27-28).
- Forgiveness: Based upon the penalty Jesus paid at the cross, we believe that the forgiveness of sins is granted by grace alone and not by works to those who will receive it by faith. Eph. 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast." Forgiveness therefore must be received as an undeserved gift or it cannot be received at all; because all credit and glory are Christ's alone (Isa.1:18, Rom. 3:20-28, 4:16,22-25, 6:23).
- Marriage: God made man in his image, male and female, and thus began the first human family. As such we believe that marriage is between one man and one woman (Gen. 1:27, 2:24; Matt. 19:4-6; Eph. 5:31).