FAITH Home School Group has a lot to offer its members:
- Field Trips – FAITH sponsors at least one field trip per month. (Normally we sponsor many more!)
- Special Events – FAITH sponsors many special events including an Activities Fair, Fall Festival, Elementary and Teen Christmas Parties, Egg Drop, Used Book Sale, Field Day, and many more.
- Educational Opportunities – FAITH sponsors a yearly spelling bee, sending one student on to compete at the county level. We also have actively worked to gain entrance and recognition with organizations such as the VFW, the Optimist Club, and other organizations in order to participate in their essay and speech contests. High school students have the opportunity to attend the APES seminar and other community-sponsored special events through their FAITH involvement.
- Enrichment - FAITH's Enrichment co-op offers classes for K-6th grade students. Classes are parent-led and focus on topics such as art, music, missions, foreign language, PE, manners, and Legos. (Classes vary from semester to semester based on parental involvement.) Classes meet once every two weeks for 8 weeks per semester. (Additional Registration and fees required)
- Academics - FAITH's Academics co-op offers core classes weekly for 6th through 12th grade students. Academic classes consist of a variety of Apologia sciences, Saxon math, language arts, history, and other electives. Classes are parent led, and parental participation is required. Planning for fall classes begins each spring and enrollment runs through mid-July. Classes start at the beginning of August and run through early May. (Additional registration and fees required)
- Athletics - FAITH Defenders Athletics gives 7th-12th grade students a way to compete against other homeschoolers and Christian schools in the KCSAA league. Teams are fielded for JV/Varsity boys’ basketball (fall/winter) and JV/Varsity girls’ volleyball (fall/winter).
- Other Extracurricular Activities - Many members are involved in other activities such as Tae Kwon Do, 4-H clubs, Teen Pact, Drama Camp, Christian Classical Choir, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Girl Scouts. Join us for more information on these organizations!
- Support for members with home schooling questions & concerns - Members help each other using their own experiences and expertise. Members often discuss curriculum they have used and what has or hasn’t worked for them. (Used curriculum is often available from individual members.)
For More Information please visit the following blogspot.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact a FAITH Board Member:
Amy Moore, President
Erica White, Vice-president
Wendy Blan, Secretary
Nikki Emmerling, Treasurer
Tia Kennedy, Member-at-large