Statement of Faith
As a condition of membership, my (our) beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith, points 1 through 10.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose presence and power are necessary for believers to live a godly life and for the building of the Body of Christ.
- We believe in the power of prayer, both individual and corporate.
- We believe in the sanctity of human life beginning at conception and that each child is a gift from God, entrusted to his or her parents to be the primary educators and authority, training them in accordance with God’s will and Word.
- We believe that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18- 25)
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary sexes together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a denial of who God created you to be.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that individual doctrinal differences which may exist outside the aforementioned, should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.
- I will demonstrate commitment to the group by making every effort to support and encourage the accomplishment of its purposes, through my participation and my chosen area of service.
- I understand that as CHESS does not participate in any public school partnership, I/we agree that fee payment(s) do not include any government or partnership funding.
- I do hereby willfully and knowingly waive any and all personal liability claims against CHESS, its directors, officers and leadership team, which may arise due to our family’s participation in activities coordinated by CHESS. I hereby agree to hold CHESS harmless for any and all expenses and/or judgments that may arise, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees and court costs.
- I recognize that I am a sinner saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus, through faith, and I resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the power of the Holy Spirit, to live a life that is fitting for a follower of Christ. Therefore, I would like to commit together with other Christian home educating families in mid-Michigan, and join CHESS for the current school year.