Mandarin Christian Homeschoolers, Inc., a Florida non-for-profit corporation (“MCH”), operates a co-operative program for its member families (the “Co-Op”) at Christ’s Church (“Christ’s Church”) located at 6045 Greenland Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32258 (the “Premises”). In addition to the Co-Op, member families may coordinate and/or participate in additional activities, including field trips, tours or other educational or recreational group activities, which may or may not be officially sanctioned by MCH and which may or may not be located on the Premises (collectively, “Activities”).
On behalf of the child(ren) listed below (the “Children”), the Children’s other parent and/or legal guardian (if he/she is not also a signatory) and the undersigned (collectively, the “Parents” and together with the Children, the “Family”), the undersigned hereby acknowledges, agrees and covenants as follows:
· While on the Premises and/or while participating in the Co-Op or any Activities, the Parents will be solely responsible for the safety and supervision of the Children as well as the actions, and resulting consequences of such actions, of the Children.
· While on the Premises and/or while participating in the Co-Op or any Activities, the Parents will take every precaution to ensure that each member of the Family is safe and follows all applicable laws, rules and/or regulations, including rules and regulations established by MCH and Christ’s Church.
· While on the Premises and/or while participating in the Co-Op or any Activities, the Parents will assume full responsibility and risk of bodily injury or death, whether or not due to the negligence of MCH, Christ’s Church or any of their respective affiliates, agents, directors, employees, members, officers, shareholders, volunteers and other representatives (collectively, the “Representatives”).
· The Parents expressly acknowledge and understand that accidents and injuries may occur while on the Premises and/or while participating in the Co-Op or any Activities and expressly assume all of the risks related thereto.
· In the event of any injury to any member of the Family while on the Premises and/or while participating in the Co-Op or any Activities, the Parents will assume full responsibility for the medical attention and care of such Family member and be solely responsible for any resulting medical expenses. In the event that an injury occurs to any member of the Family and no other member of the Family is present to provide medical attention and care, MCH and its Representatives are hereby authorized to provide reasonable medical care as necessary to such injured member of the Family. Under no circumstances will MCH or any of its Representatives be liable for any damages resulting from the provision of, or failure to provide, reasonable medical care pursuant to this Release and Wavier.
· Each member of the Family will defend, hold harmless, indemnify, compensate, reimburse and release MCH, Christ’s Church and their respective Representatives, against, for and from all and any losses that are alleged to have been caused or are caused, in part or in whole, by MCH, Christ’s Church or their respective Representatives.
· Each member of the Family will not, and hereby waives the right to, file any claim against MCH, Christ’s Church or their respective Representatives; provided, however, that, in the event any such claim is filed or the preceding covenant or waiver is found to be invalid or otherwise impermissible, each member of the Family expressly waives the right to receive any monetary damages arising out of or related to such claim, the actions giving rise to such claim and any proceeding arising out of or related to such claim.
The Family’s participation in the Co-Op and/or any Activities, constitutes good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged by the undersigned, for purposes of this Release and Waiver. The undersigned acknowledges and agrees that this Release and Waiver is binding on the undersigned, the Children’s other parent and/or legal guardian (if he/she is not also a signatory) and their respective administrators, assigns, executors, heirs and personal representatives. If any provision contained in this Release and Waiver would be held illegal, invalid, prohibited or unenforceable for any reason, then such provision is ineffective, without invalidating the remaining provisions contained in this Release and Waiver. Anything in the immediately preceding sentence to the contrary notwithstanding, if such provision could be drawn more narrowly so as not to be illegal, invalid, prohibited or unenforceable, it will be so narrowly drawn without invalidating the remaining provisions contained in this Release and Waiver.