Home School Day Valley Forge
October 9, 2019
Valley Forge Visitor Center
1000 North Outer Line Drive
King of Prussia, PA 19406 US
Date: Wednesday, October 9th
TIme: 10am, 12pm, and 2pm
Sign up: Visit the event website here
Contact: (215) 746-6774
***This is not a HAHA sponsored event. For informational purposes only***
Home school students and their families are invited for an exciting day of learning at Valley Forge National Historical Park. The event will consist of 3 parts- Curriculum Sessions, Exploration Stations, and Field Sessions.
Curriculum sessions will be 40 minutes long and held at 10am, 12pm, and 2pm. Each age group will be limited to 20 children per time slot and require advance registration. Due to the limited space of each session, please register for a curriculum session only if you know you can attend. Remember, unlike previous years, you do NOT have to attend a Curriculum Session to attend other portions of the event. Pro tip: afternoon sessions tend to fill up slower than morning sessions.
Topics are as follows:
Exploration Stations (formerly known as breakout sessions). The stations will have hands on activities examing a variety of educational themes found in Valley Forge. Topics include:
Field Sessions are a new addition to our Home School Day lineup. These lessons will be held in other areas of the park lead by experts in their respective fields. Registration will be 1st come 1st served. Numbers allowed and length of activity will vary based on activity.
To make the experience the best for all involved we ask you to consider a few items.
- We ask all families that are planning to attend any part of the event to register. If you are planning to attend a curriculum session, please fill out the additional details about your child (children) and 1st and 2nd choice of times.
- For the duration of the event, we ask there be at least one (1) parent or guardian per seven (7) children.
- We ask that participants wear sturdy closed toe shoes.
- Due to limited parking we highly encourage carpooling.
- Again, this event is for Home School families. If you attend a charter, virtual, or traditional school, please register for their ranger led education programs.
***Please check back for the Fall Home School Day list of topics and registration.***
If you have any questions, please email Beth Dhunjisha.