All Ages: Turkey Hill Experience
Date – Time
January 29, 2021
– 11:15 AM - 2:30 PM
Turkey Hill Experience, Columbia
301 Linden Street
Columbia, PA 17301 US
All Ages: Turkey Hill Experience Field Trip
Date: Fri, Jan 29, 2021
Time: 11:15a – 2:30p
Cost: PreSchool & under (no access to the taste lab): FREE;
PreSchool & under (WITH access to the taste lab): $4.50;
Ages: All Ages
Location: 301 Linden St., Columbia, PA 17512
Sign up: Via the HAHA Calendar. ALL attendees: littles, school age AND adult. Please pay via PayPal at the time of sign up.
Contact: Beth Mellott: email@example.com
During your self-guided visit, students will participate in numerous interactive exhibits. Three of those will allow them to use their imagination to develop, package, and market a virtual ice cream flavor. Additionally, they will learn about the ice cream making process from raw ingredients to finished goods and how we market our top-selling ice cream and iced tea.
Students will also learn what it was like in the early days of Turkey Hill Dairy and how we grew from a small family-owned dairy farm into the national production facility we are today. While here, learn what it was like to be a milk delivery driver, milk our mechanical cows, and sample our products.
In our Turkey Hill Taste Lab, each student will bring their virtual flavor to life as our instructor walks them through the process step by step. Beginning with a basic white ice cream mix, students will add the proper amount of flavoring, variegate and other inclusions to develop their perfect recipe. Enjoy your ice cream creation while you settle in for a little course in Turkey Hill Ice Cream Production 101.
For lesson plans associated with this tour, go here: https://www.turkeyhillexperience.com/education/
NOTE: Please arrive early and meet at the front entrance as we must all go in together as one group.
Covid-19 Health and Safety Guidelines implemented at the Experience:
· Temperature screenings will be conducted prior to entering the facility. You (and everyone in your party) must have a temperature of 100.3° Fahrenheit or less to gain entry.
· One entry and one exit for all guests.
· Face masks required for all team members and visitors over the age of 2. They must cover both your mouth and nose.
· Our team will be sanitizing high-touch areas at frequent intervals throughout the day.
· Instant hand sanitizer will be available at multiple locations throughout the facility.
· Abundant signage about the importance of social distancing.
· We are instructing staff to stay home if they do not feel well.
· Enhanced nightly deep cleaning and sanitation of our facility.
In signing up for a HAHA field trip or class, you are agreeing to our COVID waiver. The waiver is viewable on our homepage.