ABOUT OUR CLASSES
Eastside Explorers hosts optional drop-off classes for its members each week. Parents share in the cost of an experienced teacher who leads small group classes each Monday. Teachers also give guidance to the students for the remainder of the week so they are able to complete their classes/assignments with their parent.
- First Semester begins on September 14, 2020 and are held on Mondays near 60th Street and Greenway Rd (Immanuel Bible Church).
- A Per Semester Facility Fee ($35) is due at the time of registration to secure your child/ren's spot(s). This covers your entire family for the semester.
- Our Semesters run: (1st Semester) Sept.- Dec. and (2nd Semester) Jan.-April.
- Classes may be paid in full by semester or as a monthly option. A minimum of Class Supply Fee + first month's tuition is due at the time of registration or by Aug. 15th. Remaining months must be paid to teacher by the 1st of each month. (Review our late policy) Spring registration opens in Nov. Class rates are between $25-$45/month.
- IMPORTANT: Our teachers work as independent contractors, therefore, when you register your child in a class, you are agreeing to be contractually obligated to pay for the entire semester.
HOW IT WORKS
- Families interested in Class Days each contribute to hire experienced co-op teachers for our Monday drop-off classes. The co-op teachers introduce new concepts, review previous material, assess, provide engaging class discussions, and offer enriching activities.
- Parents drop-off students for one or more enrolled classes on Mondays and oversee the rest of the week at home. Our teachers work hard to set your child up for success even when they are not in class on Mondays. Upper Elementary, Middle school and High School classes will assign homework, study guides for quizzes and tests and projects for the rest of the week. Parents are expected, as the primary teacher, to oversee this work to ensure students are getting the most out of their classes.
- Parents and students communicate via online Class Pages. Our website has private Class Pages just for students enrolled in those classes. Here you can communicate with other classmates or the co-op teacher, ask questions, etc.
- It's a Win-Win! Students love the social, educational setting our Class Days offer and parents appreciate the drop-off nature as well as having another adult helping to oversee the work!
BENEFITS OF CLASSES
- Experienced teachers - Affordable, experienced teachers who teach all of our classes and put tons of time and love into making sure your child is getting the most of the class
- No prep, no teaching required from parents. You can drop-off and enjoy your time while your child is being taught in a safe, loving environment.
- Small-group setting that promotes confidence and builds friendships while allowing content to be individualized
- Teaches accountability and time management - Students gain experience in completing assignments/tasks in a timely manner and for a group purpose
- Creates independence and builds confidence- Students will learn how to work alongside other non-family students in an educational setting and with an amazing class leader. This safe environment allows them to take leadership roles, express themselves and to grow in new ways!
- Curriculum Pace Set for you- Teachers will introduce concepts/material in class and will direct students and parents in how to use the material throughout the remainder of the week. An easy-to-use online class forum gives students and parents access to assignments, suggestions and direct teacher communication. The goal is to use what is being taught in class as a launching point for the rest of the week’s work.
WHAT CLASSES ARE OFFERED?
We are working hard to secure teachers and get our classes all planned out.
Our complete class line up will posted in July 2020. Classes will include a little for everyone (preK - High School).
NOTE: Due to Coivd concerns, this year we will be implementating a stict(er) Sick Policy and Coivid Guidelines. This will be released soon and will include small class sizes, no lunch period and spaced out arrivals/departures.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR CLASSES?
Current EE Members will have first peek at our 2020-2021 classes which will open for registration in July. Drop-off classes will include:
* High School Black (World History, Literature & Composition, Bible + Elective)
* Language Arts (Literature, Grammar, Writing, ages 10-13)
* Language Arts (Grammar and Writing, ages 6-9)
* Preschool (2.5 hours!)
* Primary Pals (Literature + Science/Social Studies, ages 6-9)
* Beginning Art (ages 6-9)
* Science (Intro. to Anatomy and Physiology, ages 10+)
* adding more... stay tuned!