CHOICE Membership costs $45.00 per school year
*There is a $25.00 New Member Fee your first year only
Membership in CHOICE is for families who want to participate in social activites that we use to help our families connect to each other. Because CHOICE is a support group, each family is expected to participate in planning an event and helping as needed while attending an event. We are all volunteers and it takes all of us to make things happen. There will be a phone interview as a part of the application process. As a member you will have access to the following:
- Care Team
- Our Care Team provides help during times of crisis and life-changing events for our families.
- Daddy Daughter Dance
- This is our most popular event of the year. CHOICE moms host a dinner and dance for our dads and daughters. Our Daddy Daughter Dance is a very special night.
- Field Day
- Our students enjoy a Field Day at the end of the school year, usually in April, where they play team games and just have fun.
- Field Trips
- CHOICE Members plan several field trips each year to places that are interesting to the students.
- High School Graduation
- High School Graduation is always in May. We have a lovely ceremony every year with a special guest speaker.
- HSLDA Discount
- If you would like to join HSLDA, you will get a discount if you use CHOICE's discount number.
- Kindergarten Graduation
- Kindergarten Graduation is different every year because we have a different number of kindergarteners every year. We have a ceremony and small reception after.
- Mom's Night Out
- Our moms like to spend time together. Sometimes it is educational, but most of the time, we just have fun.
- Mother Son Event
- Each year we do something different. In the past, we have gone to a Cavaliers football game, bowling, and out for milkshakes.
- CHOICE has a prom each year that we have enough high school students interested in attending.
- CHOICE offers a yearbook to help remember your school year. Students in high school can earn elective credits for working on the yearbook.
- Other Events
- Each year is different so we have different things we do every year. We rely on our parents to plan things to do. We usually have a Christmas party, high school or middle school events, etc.
CHOICE is home to two co-ops:
- ETC (Enrichment Through CHOICE) is our co-op that offers weekly classes for 12 weeks from August to November and then 12 weeks from January to April. Each week is the same subject all 12 weeks. Parents teach the same class all semester. Our children enjoy this form of a traditional classroom method.
- ECHO (Enriching CHOICE Homeschool Opportunities) is our co-op that offers weekly classes for 12 weeks from August to November and then 12 weeks from January to April. Each week is a different theme for all of the classes. Parents are part of a "teaching group" where they work together to teach classes or lead activities. Our children and parents enjoy the group atmosphere this type of class produces.