Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
As members of CHOICE, we represent the home educating community and, most importantly, our Lord Jesus Christ, to those around us. In recognition of this fact, we should behave in a manner consistent with the instruction presented in God’s Word.
In deference to the parent it is often uncomfortable for the adult in charge of an event to discipline someone else’s child. With this in mind, we present the following guidelines. Please teach your child(ren) the appropriate behavior and attitudes for compliance as well as telling them the adult in charge of the activity has been delegated by CHOICE Group (and you) to speak to them about inappropriate behavior:
1. Have respect for authority figures, whether that is the person in charge of a field trip, a tour guide, leader at ETC etc... I Peter 2: 13-17
2. Have an attitude of compassion for the differences, needs or disabilities of others. Matthew 7:12
3. Act and speak in a manner worthy of the God who calls you—modest clothing, unkind remarks, profanity, drugs, tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, weapons of all kinds, coarse jokes, conversation involving occult or sexual situations or other language unbecoming of a Christian is unacceptable at CHOICE functions. Philippians 4:8
4. If you know something may be offensive to someone else, please refrain from it. Respect the property and landscape of those we are visiting. I Corinthians 8:7-13
5. When attending educational activities such as field trips or ETC, come prepared to listen attentively with an attitude of learning. Headphones and other distracting articles or behavior should be avoided. James 3:13
6. Wholesome friendships are encouraged between boys and girls. However, students should look upon one another as brothers and sisters in Christ and refrain from demonstrating overt personal affection at CHOICE functions.