Statement of Purpose
The purpose of VHE is:
- To foster understanding by parents of the God-given responsibilities for the education of their children.
- To encourage those who are educating children at home.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of practical ideas and information relating to the training of children.
- To provide a vehicle for scheduling group activities which enhance the education and social development of our children.
- To aid the parent in his understanding of and his exercising of his constitutionally guaranteed rights and provisions of VA law.
- To provide a forum for the collection and dissemination of information concerning political developments which relate to education in VA and other states: to foster awareness of the political process and of developments which impact education.
- To preserve spontaneity of initiative by individuals in VHE, resulting in growth and effectiveness of the organization.
- It is not the purpose of VHE to provide legal counsel: such counsel is to be sought elsewhere.
This is the purpose of VHE as stated in the original Constitution for VHE, Article II.