Rules of Organization
WILLOW CREEK HOME EDUCATORS
NAME AND PURPOSE
Section A. This organization shall be known as Willow Creek Home Educators. (Hereafter referred to as WCHE.) It is a ministry of Willow Creek Church, PCA of Winter Springs, Florida.
Section B. WCHE’s desire is to extend our hand in love and support to families who have chosen to educate their children at home. We strive to provide assistance to those who are investigating home education as an option for their families. We are committed to honoring God in all we do. This includes the field trips and classes that we sponsor, the behavior we endeavor to exhibit, and the relationships we have with one another.
Section C. The purpose of WCHE shall be to provide the opportunity for fellowship and exchange among home-schooling families and those interested in home education through:
· Providing moral support
· Exchanging resource and curriculum ideas
· Forming field trips and group activities such as standardized testing, educational fairs, and co-op classes
· Establishing a network for communication of political and legal information and action regarding home education, which may include a newsletter, email, and/or a group website.
Section A. Definition of membership:
Each family must be actively homeschooling at least one (1) child of school age according to the laws of the state of Florida. Or, they must purposefully be planning to actively home-school at least one (1) child who is no more than one (1) year away from entering school age. Each member family is required to read the About WCHE, Rules of Organization, Activity Guidelines, and Mission Statement that are posted on the Public Links of this website. Each member family will receive a Member Directory, and be allowed to participate in WCHE sponsored activities.
Section B. Requirements of membership:
· Members will agree to abide by the activity and behavior guidelines adopted by WCHE.
· Members are expected not to engage in behavior that might bring disrepute upon the group or that could jeopardize the welfare of our children. Such behavior will be subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of the Leadership.