Christian Homeschool Speech and Debate Club
"But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts,
always being ready to make a defense
to everyone who asks you to give an account
for the hope that is in you,
yet with gentleness and reverence."
1 Peter 3:15
Defenders 3:15 is a Christian homeschool speech and debate club in Arlington Heights, Fort Worth, TX. Our club is for students aged 12-18 as of October 1st of the current season. We meet on Mondays during the school year.
Our theme verse is 1 Peter 3:15:
"But sanctify Christ as Lord in your heart, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence."
The term "apologetics" originates from the Greek word "apologia," which means defense. This scripture tells believers to always be ready to make a defense for the hope that is in them. Believers should understand their faith and be able to articulate their beliefs humbly, thoughtfully, reasonably, and biblically.
By participating in competitive forensics, our students will develop the skills necessary to articulate and defend the truth of Biblical Christianity. Through club meetings and competitions, students are exposed to an environment that encourages critical thinking and competence in delivery. Additionally, we aim to foster a teachable spirit and humility among our students.
While we have high expectations for our students, this does not mean that we expect every student to place well in competitions. Rather, we expect each student to work hard to progress and achieve their individual goals. Students will be given weekly assignments, and they must take time to complete them at home before the deadline.
Parent participation is essential to Defenders 3:15. At least one parent must attend and participate in club each week. Weekly duties will include:
- Listening to speeches and providing feedback to the students.
- Watching and giving feedback on debate rounds.
- Cleaning and classroom re-sets.
- Other necessary tasks.
- Students and parents will attend club weekly.
- Every student must participate in Apologetics.
- Each student must compete in at least two events at a minimum of three tournaments per year.
See D315 Club Policies for more details.
Qualifications for membership:
- All students must be privately home-educated (See Stoausa.org for details).
- Parents and students must agree to the Statement of Faith that D315 and Stoa subscribe to.
- Parents and students agree to abide by the code of conduct and dress code of D315.
- All member students must be between the age of 12-18yrs as of October 1st of the current competition season.
- Member dues must be paid in full.
- Member families must have a current Stoa membership ($45 annual fee).
- Members must be able to meet D315 expectations of membership (see link above)
- Every adult must have a current criminal background clearance. Additional fees may apply.
Please refer to the D315 Member Documents from the drop-down menu for more details about our group.
Open enrollment for Defenders 3:15 is May 1st - May 31st.
If you feel we would be a good fit for your family, you may submit a membership application by clicking "join" above.
Once we have received your application, we will contact you for an interview.
If you wish to register after May 31 st, or have any questions, please complete the "Contact Us" form explaining your situation.