- Read the following Membership Information and Submit your Electronic Signature.
- Home Education Definition – Bylaws, Article 1
b) The term Home Education, Home Educating, Home Educated will hereby include those students educated at home under Act 169, those not of compulsory school age, and/or those under the Religious Freedom Protection Act (RFPA).
- YHSA Mission Statement – Bylaws, Article 2
a) YHSA is a Christian support group, and it strives through all efforts to bring glory to God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, as prescribed in the Nicene Creed.
b) The mission of YHSA is to encourage excellence and integrity in home education.
c) YHSA exists to serve the interests of parents home educating their children as defined in Article 1b.
d) Through the involvement and effort of all of its member families, YHSA's mission is to provide encouragement and resources for home educating families, assist those new to home education, provide information to those considering home education, and provide academic and social interaction with other parents and children with similar concerns and educational goals.
e) As a Christian group and in the interest of protecting our children, YHSA excludes those professing the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender/questioning (LGBTQ) lifestyle. We define marriage as one man and one woman.
- YHSA Membership Policy – Bylaws, Article 3
a) Membership shall be open to parents and children home educated as defined in Article 1 who will abide by the mission and purposes of YHSA. YHSA membership exclusively applies to home educated students.
b) Membership identification number shall cover the home educating family members at one address. The membership identification number shall afford that family one vote when the general membership is called to vote.
- Membership Fees are Non-refundable except as noted in Policy & Procedure, Article 4
2) Refunds for membership may be issued when the member moves from the geographic area served by YHSA or before the Membership Application has been processed. Other requests for refunds will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Release Statement: We release YHSA from any liability for any reason, and at any and all activities. Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children.
By clicking yes below, I acknowledge that I understand the nature of YHSA and agree to abide by its rules; I am electronically signing the release statement above.