WHAT IS SCRIP??
Forget about traditional fundraisers that involve selling or spending extra money. With scrip fundraising, families can easily earn for their non-profit organization while they shop. Simply use scrip gift cards for everyday purchases and earn a rebate on each one at no additional cost.
ShopwithScrip.com is an ongoing fundrasier for CHSA families. When CHSA members purchase scrip cards, they're purchasing gift cards that are used just like cash. The scrip cards are issued by national and local retailers where many CHSA families already shop. These merchants want to support non-profit organizations, and in return ask you to support them by shopping with scrip at their stores. Buy a $100 HEB scrip card and you receive $100 of groceries while CHSA receives $2 donation. Last year all those $2 added up to over $6,600 donations.
CHSA members use scrip to purchase everyday items like food, clothing, and gas (or purchase hotel cards for nationals). Every purchase earns revenue for CHSA that is divided with the family that purchased it - it's a win for CHSA and a win for the family! Money earned from scrip cards sales can be used to pay your registration fees the following year.
HOW DO I ENROLL?
- Go to shopwithscrip.com
- Click Welcome, Guest login.
- Click Not Registered? Sign Up Here.
- Fill in your family information.
- Contact Jessica Mitchell at [email protected] to obtain the CHSA enrollment code to create your account.
- Now you are ready to shop with scrip.
- Click shop and browse the categories of retailers.
- To make future ordering easier, click Add to Favorites when you find your favorites.
- There are two options for payments: check or PrestoPay.
- Mail or deliver a check to Jessica Mitchell before the order date.
- PrestoPay is like Paypal and after it is set up through Shopwithscrip website, there is a 15 cent service fee per order.
- FedEx delivers scrip cards about 4 days after your order date to Jessica Mitchell.
- Pick up is at your next game or practice or contact us to make other arrangements.
HOW CAN I PAY USING PRESTOPAY?
- Click PrestoPay and fill in your bank information.
- In two days two small deposits will show up in your bank account.
- Go to ShopwithScrip.com and log on to your account. There will be a message saying you have not verified your PrestoPay. Follow the links and enter those two small deposits into the PrestoPay confirmation part.
- The site will immediately give you a confirmation code and also send you an email with the confirmation code.
- Forward the confirmation code email to Jessica Mitchell. We will enter it on the coordinator's page and reply back when you are ready to use the system.
- With PrestoPay you order your scrip and pay online. Your cards are available for pickup about 3 days after the order date.
- PrestoPay can also be used to purchase Reloadable and ScripNow for immediate scrip use.
HOW CAN I BUY AND USE MY GIFT CARDS RIGHT AWAY?
- Check out the RELOADABLE cards. Order a plastic card like Lowe's on a scrip order date. Once you have the card you can reload it through the ShopwithScrip.com website. For Lowes reloadable scrip card click on the large green button by the Lowes scrip card link. A visual of the back of a Lowes card will pop up. Enter the number found on the back of one of your Lowe's scrip card and name it, ie “Don’s card.” Then enter the dollar amount you want and proceed as usual with checking out. The card balance on your card will increase by that amount the next business day.
- ScripNow is an eCard certificate for the amount of the order. You order from participating establishments and an email is sent to you confirming your purchase. Follow the links to print and use. With PrestoPay you can pay and use almost immediately. Your Scripnow certificate is available to use within the hour, but some have received teir email certificate within 20 minutes.. You must have PrestoPay to use this option effectively. If you choose, you can send ScripNow as an email gift.
- MyScripWallet uses your existing scrip and PrestoPay accounts, so you have access to ScripNow eCards and reloadable cards. Add the app to your mobile phone and shop with scrip on the go. See video for details: http://youtu.be/9GCTsphfqqw