What We Believe
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant Word of God, complete in revealing the triune Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is equal with God the Father and God the Son, that He indwells, seals, and fills us with His power for the work of His service for God’s glory.
- We believe man was created in God’s image, but because of the fall he became spiritually dead and in need of salvation from the penalty and power of sin.
- We believe in the incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ as perfectly divine and perfectly human. We believe that His substitutionary death and the shedding of His blood on the cross was for our redemption. We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ, His imminent return, and the resurrection of His people.
- We believe that the gift of eternal life is available to all men, that those who receive Christ by faith, apart from works, are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
Statement of Gender, Marriage, and Sexuality
- We believe God created each person as male or female and that an individual’s gender corresponds with his or her God-given biological gender.
- We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture.
- We believe that marriage exclusively is the rightful expression of sexual intimacy.
- We believe any form of sexual immorality, as defined by the Bible, is sinful and offensive to God.