Statement of Faith and Mission Statement
Statement of Faith:
- We emphasize the values of family and life.
- We believe in the traditional family (one husband, one wife), which is constantly under attack from the world today.
- We believe in traditional morality, purity before marriage, and mutual faithfulness in marriage. I Corinthians 7:2; Ephesians 5:3; I Thessalonians 4:3
- We believe in the sanctity of life and the protection of our children both before and after birth. Each child is a gift from God whose life begins at conception. Matthew 18:5
A distinctly Christian, parent-run organization, the mission of LMHSC is to enhance established home school programs by making available unique and trusted educational and informational resources while encouraging social interaction between families. The mission is thusly stated:
- LMHSC is a parent-run home school organization.
- LMHSC is distinctly Christian in nature but has an open membership to anyone who will respect this distinction.
- LMHSC is all about learning, networking with other parents, and giving home school children unique experiences.
- LMHSC does not exist to provide complete education for home schooled children but to enhance established home school programs.
- LMHSC will consist of different units which provide different services and/or support to the home school community.
- LMHSC may provide or make available resources and information to the LMHSC community and the community at large in support of its mission.