The responsibility of educating children is given to the parent by the Commandment of God, Deuteronomy 6:5-9. We believe “strongly” that nothing should replace the parents' involvement in the foundational training and education of their child.
Active homeschool families that participate in a cooperative homeschool atmosphere allows their families to build relationships within the homeschool community. Being able to connect with others, share educational programs, activities, ideas and resources guarantee a comprehensive supportive community with other homeschool families. Interacting with a community of other parents who share your faith, values, beliefs, and commitment to quality education is priceless. And receiving generous support as you dedicate your time, unleashes unlimited advantages and opportunities for the entire family. Most importantly, choosing a homeschool cooperative create lasting memories that your family will cherish forever!
Our primary goal is for homeschool families to share the love of Jesus Christ, their gifts, favorite teaching subjects, interest, passions and creativity with others. This time of cooperative learning will supplement, enlighten or compliment existing electives, and/or enhance core academic subjects that are already being taught in the home. Our parents serve various roles in the education of their children and are vital to the success of our co-op experience. Remembering, co-op does NOT replace the role of the parent, it only aids, compliments the existence home education.
12 Key Benefits:
- Provides encouragement, support and guidance from other homeschooling parents and families.
- Provides expertise of other parent educators to teach subjects you may dislike or be weak in.
- Provides an affordable and flexible educational experience that all families can benefit from by sharing the expense.
- Provides cooperative and creative learning experience that supplement, enlighten or compliment existing curriculum already being taught in the home.
- Provides opportunity to benefit from working successfully within a structure classroom environment.
- Provides opportunity for students to learn and adapt to different teaching styles.
- Provides opportunity for students to learn subjects that are difficult to teach at home that function better with a group.
- Provide a level of accountability for classes that may fall by the wayside at home, especially for high school students and hands-ons courses like, science or creative writing.
- Provides opportunity for ingenuity and motivation for students to excel.
- Provides a safe Christ-like environment to grow and develop character, learn how to share and interact with all ages.
- Provides opportunities for parents and children to meet and make new friends.
- Provides a opportunity for tons of fun! A get-a-way from home that the entire family can look forward to each week.
There is a $10 non-refundable family registration fee per semester in order to participate in co-op. This fee goes toward general co-op supplies and administrative operations. Since we are a outreach ministry, non-profit organization/group, we keep the cost of co-op registration low. Parent educators do not profit from these classes, the cost covers their supplies and administrative resources.
When registering for classes, activities or field trips payment is expected at the time of registration or signup. Parents are fully responsible and required to paid fees in order for your child to participate, which are non-refundable. We begin every class with announcements; prayer and devotion, and then proceed to the course material.
There will be no refunds from any class started, if you decide to cancel or switch--that the teacher has already incurred the class expenses. Notes: Fees are subject to change per need.
Co-op runs for 14 weeks in the fall from September to December and 20 weeks in the Spring from January to May, totaling 34 weeks per co-op calendar school year. Some courses may receive certificates of completion in order for students to add them to their portfolios for higher education and/or career endeavors. Note: location/dates/times are subject to change.