Christian Family Schools Mira Mesa is a nonprofit organization. We serve the private Christian homeschool families of San Diego and surrounding areas. Our members subscribe to our Statement of Faith.
Our mission is to encourage, inform, support, and build up a community of private Christian home-educating families.
Our purpose is to encourage families at every stage of their homeschooling journey by providing information about local homeschool laws and answering questions about curriculum and organization. We also seek to support our families by offering educational opportunities such as field trips, co-op classes, and more. Finally, we provide a community of like-minded families to walk this journey together. In all that we do, we strive to bring honor to the Lord.
We are volunteer run and ask every family to work in an area of service. Board members are chosen from current membership based on longevity with the group, homeschooling style, and willingness to serve.
Membership is $40 per year which also includes membership in Christian Family Schoools San Diego County. Fees for field trips, class days, events, etc are additional and invoiced through our website. We accept PayPal and checks.
Although our name states a location, we service the entire county. Many of our meetings are in central San Diego in the Clairemont area. Our families come from Escondido, Oceanside, Pacific Beach, Santee, Alpine, Chula Vista, and many other areas of the county.
CFS Mira Mesa's emphasis is to aid families to meet their educational goals by providing additional opportunities for students to develop academically, socially, physically, and spiritually.
Members only website which includes features like:
• Access to our (closed) Facebook Group and Band App
• Family Web Page (personal and secure) where you can post your photos, share links, and make custom pages) to share with your family and friends
• Group Photo albums
• HSLDA discount
• Links to Homeschool Resources
• Online family directory
Regular activities that include:
• Class Days
• Dads' Night Out
• Drama Programs
• Field Trips
• Moms' Night Out
• Park Day
• Teen Activities (middle/high school)
Annual Events that include:
• Back to School Party
• Camping Trips
• End-of-the-Year Party
• Family Christmas Event
Statement of Faith
1. The Authority of the Bible: We believe the Bible (both Old and New Testament) to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God-breathed. (II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:19-21)
2. The Trinity: We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Colossians 1:16-19)
3. Jesus Christ: We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension and His personal return in power and glory (Hebrews 1, I Peter 2:24, Acts 5:30, Acts, 1:10)
4. The Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person proceeding from the Father and the Son and is therefore eternal, and of the same essence, majesty, and glory with the Father and the Son. We believe, therefore, that the Holy Spirit is truly God. (Hebrews 9:14, John 4:23-26, II Corinthians 3:17)
5. Salvation: We believe salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5-6, John 3:14-17)
6. Christian Lifestyle: We believe that all believers should live is such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord, and that separation from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasure, practices and associations is commanded by God. (Romans 6:1-13, Ephesians 5:11, Colossians 3:1-3)
7. Children: We believe that children are given by God as a stewardship to their parents, and not to the state, and that as parents we are given the authority and responsibility to determine the best form of education for our children (Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Psalm 127:3-5, Proverbs 22:6, Ephesians 6:4).
8. Marriage: We believe that marriage, by divine design from the beginning of creation, is only between one biological man and one biological woman. We believe that all other types of unions (i.e. polygamy, polyamory, gay marriage, etc.), as well as any and all sexual activity outside of marriage, are immoral and therefore sinful, as being against God’s good design and purposes for His creation (Exodus 20:14, Matthew 19:4-8, Romans 1:26- 27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,1 Corinthians 7:10-14, 1 Timothy 1:8-11, Hebrews 13:4).
9. Gender: We believe that God created the human race with two genders, male and female, and that any form of self-conception or conduct which intends to adopt a gender other than one’s biological birth gender is immoral and therefore sinful, as being contrary to God’s revealed will and good design for His creation (Genesis 1:26- 28, Romans 1:26-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11).
10. Sharing the Gospel: We believe it is our obligation as believers to witness by life and word to the truths of the Gospel and proclaim these to all mankind. (Acts 1:8)
11. The Second Coming: We believe in that “Blessed Hope” the personal imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His redeemed ones; and in His return to the earth with His saints. We believe in the bodily resurrection to all men, the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment.