How to Join CHEC
Fill out the form below and click the Continue button at the bottom.
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE
If you are a home educating family in the central Mississippi area and are interested in being a part of a Christian homeschool support group, please read ALL the information on the Guiding Principles page. CHEC's Guiding Principles
If you need additional information, please contact the CHEC Leadership Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a two-step process to join CHEC ~
1) Request Membership Online ~ Please complete the online application below (option to pay with Paypal is at the end of the online application). Dues are for the current school year only. Membership dues are $40 per family. If you are joining after February 1, 2020, dues are reduced to $20. Paying via PayPal is highly encouraged because it considerably shortens your approval time.
2) Paper Waiver ~ If you paid with Paypal, please fill out the 2019-2020 CHEC Membership Agreement & Waiver and email it to email@example.com. (You can simply take a picture of it and email the picture.)
If you need to pay with a check, please send the completed waiver and membership dues to the address below. Please make check payable to CHEC. (Please note that paying via paper check can delay your approval process, due to mailing time and processing time.)
P.O. Box 5114
Brandon, MS 39047
After BOTH of these steps are completed, you will receive an email letting you know when your application is approved, at which time you will be given member access to the CHEC website. Since we are an all-volunteer organization, we ask that you allow up to 3 weeks for delivery and processing.
POTENTIAL NEW MEMBERS WHO HAVE A SENIOR:
During the 2018-2019, the CHEC Board of Directors instituted a policy that requires Board approval for new students coming into CHEC as Seniors. If this applies to you, please know that your approval process will take a little while longer. To expedite the process, you can email the following information to the Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) A current CHEC Member who can serve as a referral for your family (if available)
2) How long you've been homeschooling
3) Reason for joining CHEC
4) If you recently left traditional schooling, the reasons for leaving and entering homeschooling
5) Any other information that you feel can help move this process along
Please save the username and password you enter below; you will need them once you receive your approval email.