Statement of Faith
All families are welcome to join our group and our co-op, however, you must recognize that we are at our core a Christian organization. Although we choose to have no requirements for religion for our membership, we acknowledge the beliefs of Homeschool NY and agree to be considerate of those beliefs in our programming, as stated below. As a group, we agree not to include or offer programming that is contradictory to Homeschool NY's bylaws.
Section 1. Preface
Our Statement of Faith includes only those truths upon which all true Christians agree. It concerns the Authority of Scripture, Deity of Christ, the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) as revealed in Scripture. It is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 2, Ephesians 4:5) which distinguishes believers from non-believers. There are many other precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly men have differed in understanding. Therefore, this is not a statement of all that is important to believe, but of all that is essential to believe for Christian fellowship and unity. (Romans 15:7).
Section 2. We believe:
- The Bible to be the inspired, infallible, divinely preserved Word of God.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
- That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ can be saved.
- That salvation is the free gift of God brought to the sinner by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose death on the cross paid the penalty for man’s sin.
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict mankind; indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- That God created man and woman after His own Image, and that God has ordained marriage, consisting of one man and one woman, to be the foundation of the family and to be the only legitimate and Godly expression of sexuality.
- In the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that individual doctrinal differences which may exist, outside of the aforementioned (Article IV Sections 1-7), should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.