WHO WE ARE
Eastside Explorers began in 1989 as Northeast Valley Home Educators when North Phoenix/Scottsdale was actually the “eastern” most part of the Valley here in Arizona. A group of homeschool parents saw the need for a faith-based community to support their journey when homeschooling wasn’t as common. They paved the way for our group today!
Since then, homeschool parents have carried this precious group under the guidance and direction of God’s sovereign hand. Today, we are a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) group of homeschool families who still seek to continue those same values and experiences for our own children. Although we primarily meet in North Phoenix/Scottsdale, we have families from all over Arizona including Anthem, Glendale, and even the “new” eastern cities like Mesa!
The purpose of Eastside Explorers is to bring together like-minded homeschooling families who each contribute their gifts, talents and time to create a beautiful experience for our children. As a group, we agree to encourage and support each other and to abide by our Statement of Faith and Honor Code treating each other respectfully and modeling the same for our children.
WHAT WE OFFER
A Family Membership ($55) is good for an entire academic year and includes:
- Access to our calendar, forum, entire website, and private Facebook page
- Free and/or discounted field trips
- Specialized small groups
- Weekly Park meet-ups
- Special events and parties
- Optional drop-off classes
- Community, endless support, and great friends!
Eastside Explorers is a completely volunteer-led homeschool group. At least one parent from each family must commit to serve in Eastside on a short-term, volunteer basis by planning one field trip per year and assisting once per semester in a small group of your choice. Contributions by our members are not only minimal but they are a necessity in making Eastside successful.
Each member must commit to:
- Agree to follow our By Laws and Code of Conduct
- Respect our Statement of Faith
- Fulfill your volunteer commitment in a timely manner
- Submit yearly membership dues and update your Family Profile
- Be a friend — we have many new families and even members without any extended family out here. Share a smile, set up a playdate, get to know each other, and have fun on your homeschool journey together!