Reaching for Excellence
Among Christian Homeschoolers
"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."
1 Peter 4:10
Enrollment in REACH for the school year 2019-2020 is open for new families. There are 3 steps to enroll in REACH Coop. They are as follows:
1. While on the public page, go to the right upper corner and click on "request membership" Complete the application that appears, and make sure you click on "add another child" after your first one to add the rest of your children. We need them all to be registered! You will also need to fill out the parental consent and the liability waiver.
2. Wait for a call or email from a coordinator. You should receive a call within 1 -2 weeks to set up an interview. We use the interview time to get to know you, talk about your testimony, find out what you hope to achieve by being in REACH, how we can serve your family, and how you can bless us as well!
3. After the interview, you will need to complete a background check, and you will be notified if your family has been accepted. Of course, the acceptance is conditional until the background check is completed.
Please contact Valerie Bolieu, REACH Coop Head Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. A $100 deposit is also required at the time of applying. The check will not be deposited until you have been notified of acceptance.
REACH Co-op is a cooperative organization of about 100 homeschool families, located in the Clear Lake area (Southeast Houston), who gather together to share our talents for the benefit of our children.
We strive to offer a well-rounded balance of academic and elective enrichment classes to supplement your homeschool that meet the largest percentage of the students' needs. Please note that we do not issue transcripts or diplomas.
One of our goals is to always offer age-appropriate PE, Social Studies, Art and Science choices in each age group. In the secondary departments, we offer core science and history/language, classes. We also offer elective classes for each department/age level that may include but are not limited to art, crafts, cooking, cake decorating, music, drama, etc.
We are thankful for the wonderful talents of our parents, many of whom are experts in the areas in which they teach!
If you would like more information about membership in REACH, please see our
- Frequently Asked Questions in the left sidebar,
- read our Handbook and
- contact a Head Coordinator.
Please understand that joining REACH Co-op is making a commitment to the other families in REACH to teach for the school year. Membership fees are the material evidence of your commitment to REACH families for the year and are not refundable after May 1st.
A general overview of courses and classes at REACH Co-op is available in the sidebar.
Optional resources we provide either annually or periodically as we have volunteers:
- Mom's Events
- Field Trips and
- Secondary events - secondary students have the option to participate in:
- High School Formal
- Senior Graduation
- Service / Fellowship Clubs
Our mailing address is REACH Homeschool Co-op, 205 Lark Hollow Lane, League City, TX 77573.
"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."
"Don't let schooling interfere with your education." ~ Mark Twain